• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

It may be your choice to shit on converts. I’ll mark it as lesson learned and the hope he can change the mind of others.

He’s not a convert at least not in that clip. He simply crosses a very low bar of being somewhat remorseful.

I'm fine with giving random citizens credit for seeing the light. I'm less fine with giving politicians too much credit when it's their damn job to make decisions on behalf of their constituents.

We need to defeat this heart beat bill here in SC. That the dude (a Pub) has now changed his position is a +1 for me.

I'm fine with giving random citizens credit for seeing the light. I'm less fine with giving politicians too much credit when it's their damn job to make decisions on behalf of their constituents.

That’s a good distinction. Politicians have access to so much information and to experts. There’s no excuse not to know such basic information.

If we expect so little from politicians, we’ll keep getting exactly that.

That’s a good distinction. Politicians have access to so much information and to experts. There’s no excuse not to know such basic information.

If we expect so little from politicians, we’ll keep getting exactly that.

It’s honestly the championship of anti-intellectualism that’s the worst impact of trumpism. Our leaders should read like crazy.

It’s pretty clear from this process that most pro life politicians are either ignorant as fuck or cruel assholes. Sometimes both.

I disagree; the dude turned it around. We all can’t be as enlightened out of the gate like Tunnel folk.
Pissin on someone who has taken their head out of their ass is more commendable than having it forever stuck there.

I'm glad he came around, and I generally say it is never too late to the right thing, but here, it is. The law has passed.

Right. It’s like voting to ban umbrellas then giving a passion speech about someone who got wet.

I get it the idea that it's too little too late. On the other hand we need to embrace people that see the error of their ways and try to be better. It remains to be seen if that is true in this case but I want to see this guy not just apologize but work to make amends.

Be better? Work to make changes. As it stands he may feel remorse at finally understanding the reality of this type of medical care. I'm not confident but if he feels real remorse we should see change in his actions.

Yeah. Call me skeptical but I doubt this guy is going to Liz Cheney his party on this issue.

Republicans have too much to lose by bucking the party on abortion. Hell, he may already be getting death threats and being called a baby killer.

Not the biggest part of the story, obviously, but how do you get that question and start your response with "well I talked to some politicians, and..."

Not the biggest part of the story, obviously, but how do you get that question and start your response with "well I talked to some politicians, and..."

They believe winning an election indicates immediate and complete expertise over every topic. They don't have patience for actual expertise, experience, and education especially when that data so clearly repudiates their opinions.

It’s about propaganda and permission structure that fill the dearth of expertise. Republican beliefs, their truths, are filtered through politicians and political strategists.

She talked to politicians who gave her a permission structure for those beliefs. At best it’s secondhand stories saying that the victims are actually not victims over time and gives agency to fetus. At worst, they’re made up stories Republicans tell themselves to justify their horrible beliefs.

I should mention that we see dearth of expertise on the left too but it’s much easier to find first hand stories about victims of gun violence or Wall Street shenanigans.

Ron runs away. Nice contrast to his Top Gov tough guy video.

The loudest, dumbest, and most dishonest of the modern republicans would be the first people knocking kids out of the way to escape danger first.

Back