Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169174175176177178179
Results 3,561 to 3,572 of 3572

Thread: Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    It may be your choice to shit on converts. Iíll mark it as lesson learned and the hope he can change the mind of others.
    Heís not a convert at least not in that clip. He simply crosses a very low bar of being somewhat remorseful.

I'm fine with giving random citizens credit for seeing the light. I'm less fine with giving politicians too much credit when it's their damn job to make decisions on behalf of their constituents.

It may be your choice to shit on converts. Iíll mark it as lesson learned and the hope he can change the mind of others.
    Is he proposing to get rid of the bill? How is he using his elected power to actually effect change?

We need to defeat this heart beat bill here in SC. That the dude (a Pub) has now changed his position is a +1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    I'm fine with giving random citizens credit for seeing the light. I'm less fine with giving politicians too much credit when it's their damn job to make decisions on behalf of their constituents.
    Thatís a good distinction. Politicians have access to so much information and to experts. Thereís no excuse not to know such basic information.

If we expect so little from politicians, weíll keep getting exactly that.

Never Murdered My FIL

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Thatís a good distinction. Politicians have access to so much information and to experts. Thereís no excuse not to know such basic information.

If we expect so little from politicians, weíll keep getting exactly that.
    Itís honestly the championship of anti-intellectualism thatís the worst impact of trumpism. Our leaders should read like crazy.

Itís pretty clear from this process that most pro life politicians are either ignorant as fuck or cruel assholes. Sometimes both.

I disagree; the dude turned it around. We all canít be as enlightened out of the gate like Tunnel folk.
    Pissin on someone who has taken their head out of their ass is more commendable than having it forever stuck there.
    I'm glad he came around, and I generally say it is never too late to the right thing, but here, it is. The law has passed.

Right. Itís like voting to ban umbrellas then giving a passion speech about someone who got wet.

I get it the idea that it's too little too late. On the other hand we need to embrace people that see the error of their ways and try to be better. It remains to be seen if that is true in this case but I want to see this guy not just apologize but work to make amends.

What is he doing to make amends?

Be better? Work to make changes. As it stands he may feel remorse at finally understanding the reality of this type of medical care. I'm not confident but if he feels real remorse we should see change in his actions.

Yeah. Call me skeptical but I doubt this guy is going to Liz Cheney his party on this issue.

Republicans have too much to lose by bucking the party on abortion. Hell, he may already be getting death threats and being called a baby killer.