Page 134 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3253

Thread: Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

  1. #2661
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Maybe, but really Iím just angry. Feels like the Democratic Party should being do far more to stop our nationís regression back into Dark Ages.
    Search for my post about how women in the "dark ages" had more rights than women in twentieth century America. Probably should stop using the dark ages to make your point

  2. #2662
    Apparently it's human nature for people to want someone to look down upon in order to feel better about yourself. Some may be above this, but most aren't. Hitler had the jews. Wake Grads look down on state school donks. State school donks look down on minorities. Dems need to come up with someone to look down upon to make the masses feel better about themselves other than rednecks in flyover states, cause the senate math doesn't work on that one. That's why Dems taking up the cause of every disadvantaged group imaginable is just bad politics.

  3. #2663
    Iím late to this, but the state of Oklahoma was established as a violation of Native American land rights and sovernty and now in 2022 the mascot of the state university is the Sooners which is a proud reference to individuals settlers that claimed lands in Oklahoma claiming the territory, that had been promised to Native Americans in a treaty, for whites. Oklahoma will have no probable violating the reservation laws and authority.
    Birds are real.

  4. #2664
    Quote Originally Posted by plama View Post
    Dems need to come up with someone to look down upon to make the masses feel better about themselves other than rednecks in flyover states, cause the senate math doesn't work on that one. That's why Dems taking up the cause of every disadvantaged group imaginable is just bad politics.
    Using your theory, what type of regional/socio-economic voting coalition could the Democrats have pulled together to protect abortion rights? And have you considered which current Democratic voters the party would lose if they were to adopt your philosophy?
    Draxx them sklounst

  5. #2665
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    49,694
    today on hilarious things Plama feels is true: that flyover people care about abortion enough to vote against Republics but are just too annoyed that trans people get some airtime so they vote R

  6. #2666
    I do love the boards consistency. No matter how politically polarized our country becomes, somehow all the tunnels posters live in the only swing communities in the nation, and conveniently every political issue that annoys those posters is somehow the tipping point for those swing voting communities.
    Draxx them sklounst

  7. #2667
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,157
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I do love the boards consistency. No matter how politically polarized our country becomes, somehow all the tunnels posters live in the only swing communities in the nation, and conveniently every political issue that annoys those posters is somehow the tipping point for those swing voting communities.
    Yes, that is totally a thing OTHER posters do. Gotcha.

  8. #2668
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Yes, that is totally a thing OTHER posters do. Gotcha.
    Other posters besides Plama? Absolutely. Heís just the biggest troll. How different is his post about Democrats losing with identity politics from various other board moderates blaming defund the police? Itís just a crowd of dishwater liberals all deciding that their particular annoyance is what swings the election to Republicans.
    Draxx them sklounst

  9. #2669
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,157
    Everybody exaggerates the importance of their pet issues and their communities. You've got plenty of posts saying Democrats could win more white rural votes if they just focused on the issues you think are most important.

  10. #2670
    Hurricane Goddess wakegrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Peak of Good Living, NC
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by plama View Post
    Apparently it's human nature for people to want someone to look down upon in order to feel better about yourself. Some may be above this, but most aren't. Hitler had the jews. Wake Grads look down on state school donks. State school donks look down on minorities. Dems need to come up with someone to look down upon to make the masses feel better about themselves other than rednecks in flyover states, cause the senate math doesn't work on that one. That's why Dems taking up the cause of every disadvantaged group imaginable is just bad politics.
    Not disagreeing with the first 3/4 of your post. I'm still enough of an idealist, though, to think that maybe, just maybe, taking up the cause of "every disadvantaged group imaginable" is the right thing to do. And yes, that gets screwed over consistently by electoral math (especially considering the basis of the Electoral College, and I'm not going there this morning) and, on a fairly regular basis, by the Dems' consistent inability to take the hard line.

  11. #2671
    Message Board Genius
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    47,680
    Or, maybe people believe that Defund The Police is a losing message, or at best a poorly articulated one, from the get-go and they're sick of hearing that bullshit.

  12. #2672
    Hurricane Goddess wakegrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Peak of Good Living, NC
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Everybody exaggerates the importance of their pet issues and their communities. You've got plenty of posts saying Democrats could win more white rural votes if they just focused on the issues you think are most important.
    The problem with the "big tent" ideology is that no one will be happy all the time, and Dems care about that far more than Republicans do. Pubs are much better at the long game and seeing the forest instead of the trees. Dems are counting every freaking leaf.

  13. #2673
    I cannot give wakegrrl enough rep on this thread, even with the limits lifted.
    Birds are real.

  14. #2674
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,157
    Quote Originally Posted by wakegrrl View Post
    The problem with the "big tent" ideology is that no one will be happy all the time, and Dems care about that far more than Republicans do. Pubs are much better at the long game and seeing the forest instead of the trees. Dems are counting every freaking leaf.
    Wow. This may be the best line explaining Pubs vs. Dems I've heard in a long time.

  15. #2675
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Everybody exaggerates the importance of their pet issues and their communities. You've got plenty of posts saying Democrats could win more white rural votes if they just focused on the issues you think are most important.
    Youíre equating outreach to non-voters with extortion from moderates who threaten to vote Republican inorder to ratchet back the party platform - Moderates constant complaints/excuses for the Democratic Party are always directed from the right - the party is too liberal, too PC, too permissive of crime, too taxing. Somehow (?) increasing Republican fascism is unable to nullify these complaints.
    Draxx them sklounst

  16. #2676
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,157
    That's not much different than extortion from progressives who threaten not to vote or vote third party. None of it is productive.

  17. #2677
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's not much different than extortion from progressives who threaten not to vote or vote third party. None of it is productive.
    What progressives? Point them out. Whenever the 3 leftists on this board criticize the tunnels politics you all defend yourselves by whataboutting random twitter accounts and activists youíve never met.
    Draxx them sklounst

  18. #2678
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,157
    I'm talking about non-voters who would be persuaded by progressive politics. I think they exist. Do you?

  19. #2679

    Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Or, maybe people believe that Defund The Police is a losing message, or at best a poorly articulated one, from the get-go and they're sick of hearing that bullshit.
    Tough shit. If you need to carpool so bad then stop bitching when someone in the back seat gets the aux cord. At least you get to drive.
    Draxx them sklounst

  20. #2680
    Message Board Genius
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    47,680
    Uh okay then you've got a deal if you'll stop bitching about losing elections and pretending people are interested in your wacko left wing bullcrap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •