• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Coddling of the American Mind

Guess what pretty fucked up shit on the internet is not as bad as though? Someone grabbing you, calling you names to your face and then beating you down on the playground/on the way home from school. Because that is what happened in the 70s and 80s, with much less repurcussions than the internerd bullies face.

Would you rather have your ass beat on the way home from school or have someone anonymously write that you are the school slut on a bathroom stall?

You want to know how to stop cyber bullying in schools? More charter schools.

Please change thread title to "the coddling of the American body" now.

Although cyberbullying does not involve physical violence, there is evidence suggesting that online bullying is even more intense than traditional bullying for the following reasons:

- It is more invasive than face-to-face interaction. The bullies and the victims cannot see each other. Consequently, they are unable to see their counterparts’ facial expressions, gestures or spatial behavior. Bullies become even more detached from the damage they are causing and as a consequence they become less concerned about the feelings and opinions of others.

LOL. Have someone record a mean Vine about you. Then have someone punch you in the nose. Report back on which is more intense. Whoever wrote that has clearly never been in a fight, and should probably start one for perspective.

LOL. Have someone record a mean Vine about you. Then have someone punch you in the nose. Report back on which is more intense. Whoever wrote that has clearly never been in a fight, and should probably start one for perspective.

Your nose heals, TAB. But your feelings never do when the internet is a meanie.

not sure but i have a feeling fewer kids committed suicide because they lost a schoolyard fight than being the subject of endless social media ostracizing

not sure but i have a feeling fewer kids committed suicide because they lost a schoolyard fight than being the subject of endless social media ostracizing

I don't really know and don't care, but you can just not go on social media right? It is an elective act. But you have to go to school and face other students. I don't really participate in social media so I don't know about that, but I was in fistfights and I've been on the receiving end of real-life bullying violence in the 80s and that shit sucked ass.

sure, but that's not really the reality of life in the 21st century, especially for a pre-teen to teenager

i was also bullied in elementary school and never had parental intervention and managed to grow up with only a minor chip on my shoulder. i'm glad I didn't have to go through HS navigating social media, though :shrug:

I don't really know and don't care, but you can just not go on social media right? It is an elective act. But you have to go to school and face other students who are on social media. I don't really participate in social media so I don't know about that, but I was in fistfights and I've been on the receiving end of real-life bullying violence in the 80s and that shit sucked ass.

:smh olds.

Tell a 15 year old girl whose private photos to her ex-boyfriend are being passed around school that all she has to do is not go on social media.

:smh olds.

Tell a 15 year old girl whose private photos to her ex-boyfriend are being passed around school that all she has to do is not go on social media.

taking digital photos that could embarrass you is also an elective act that is fucking stupid as shit. I get what you're saying and would hate that for her, but I have a hard time working up much sympathy for that scenario, young stallion.

You've gone from anecdotes to feelings on this thread. Quite authoritative.

But yeah, if you lose a schoolyard fight, just start another one the next day.

BTW, pm me if you want pics of 107's tiny penis.

Don't ask where I got them.

Back