• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

You guys sound worried. Well, you shouldn't be. Does anybody really want to spend the next 12 months talking about Hillary and Bill's baggage? Probably not. Bernie is much more likeable, honest and most likely much better able to harness the profound distrust of elites that seems to be the increasingly dominant factor this election.

Fox News, Limbaugh, Coulter, any remaining GOP candidates, and Lewinsky for starters....anything to avoid the black hole of ideas the Republican candidates are putting out and the fact that that will be two years with the Senate and House in Republican control accomplishing fuck all.

What do you mean? The GOP Senate and House stopped Obama from taking everybody's guns. They stopped Obama's War on Christmas as well.

My wife & I have both voted for every Democratic presidential candidate in this century.....and neither of us is going to vote for Hilary Clinton.

I think that a lot of people who are confidently predicting a Clinton landslide are underestimating the depth of the contempt that many voters have for this woman. She is just a political hack with no principles who will say or do anything to advance her political career.

Will you stop posting when Hillary rolls through the EC?

Of all my posts, I've probably gotten more negative responses for posts critical of Hillary Clinton, than for any other posts. Some of you are being way too defensive. Get over your Hillary fetish. It's a waste of time.

Who tf here has a Hillary fetish?!? I thought it was pretty clear here that, except for Townie and his Bernie brethren, most of us will be holding our nose when we vote for Hillary against 1 of the Pub crazies. If the Pub party wasn't crazy and was running someone like Huntsman v. Hillary, and if the Dems had the senate, I'd probably vote for Huntsman (or more likely Gary Johnson). Most of us would WAY rather have a less controversial centrist Dem as the nominee. Dude, your posts really are getting more idiotic.

I'm still not assuming that roll. Too much can still happen, and January conventional wisdom is only correct a small minority of the time. This is a scary election year because the choices range from ugh to god awful.

No, but I will make one promise for you:

I will stop posting forever on the boards when WF has another winning conference record in either: 1) Football (5-3 or better) or 2) Basketball (10-8 or better)....because I'm doubtful that either will ever happen again in my lifetime.

I will stop posting forever on the boards when WF has another winning conference record in either: 1) Football (5-3 or better) or 2) Basketball (10-8 or better)....because I'm doubtful that either will ever happen again in my lifetime.
Quoted for posterity.

Nice. We only have to wait til 2017 to never see BKF again.

Who tf here has a Hillary fetish?!? I thought it was pretty clear here that, except for Townie and his Bernie brethren, most of us will be holding our nose when we vote for Hillary against 1 of the Pub crazies. If the Pub party wasn't crazy and was running someone like Huntsman v. Hillary, and if the Dems had the senate, I'd probably vote for Huntsman (or more likely Gary Johnson). Most of us would WAY rather have a less controversial centrist Dem as the nominee. Dude, your posts really are getting more idiotic.

Potentially 3 Supreme Court appointees is also a huge factor. Can't stand HRC, but 61 pointless Obamacare repeal show votes make it abundantly clear that the current GOP has no interest or ability to govern.

SCOTUS won't matter after the convention of states.

With a pub president, Obamacare and Planned Parenthood would have been defunded this week.

Can we get that bkf statement legally binding? I'm sure LK will make sure an IP ban is in order as soon as necessary.

Can we get that bkf statement legally binding? I'm sure LK will make sure an IP ban is in order as soon as necessary.

You have my permission to do so. (And LOL at anyone who thinks that WF will have a winning conference record in football or basketball either this year or next year.)

WF now has the most whiny, unappreciative fans with the most unrealistic expectations of any school I have ever seen. The never-ending constant complaining about referees' calls, in particular, is simply nauseating. They didn't appreciate Carl Tacy after everything he did for them:

1) Took the program from the gutter to national prominence while playing in a barn for a home court, with a skeleton staff, a shoestring recruiting budget, almost no television exposure, and during the strongest top to bottom period in ACC history (every ACC team except Maryland made at least one Elite Eight while Tacy was there...and Maryland made 3 Sweet Sixteens)....while being paid a meager salary.

2) Was the only coach in WF history to take two teams with completely different rosters to an Elite Eight. And in the 30 years since he left, WF has been to exactly 1 Elite Eight. (Coached by Dave Odom, who had spent several years being prepped as Tacy's assistant.)

3) Two years after Tacy got to WF he had them ranked for the first time in 13 years and two years later he had them in the NCAAT for the first time in 15 years....being ranked as high as 3rd in the nation.

4) Beat 10 nationally-ranked Carolina teams, including the #1-ranked Michael Jordan team that won the NCAA Championship on their own home court.

5) Won 4 Big Four Championships.

Finally resigned to open a yogurt franchise when he felt he was no longer being appreciated....or paid.

Now WF fans no longer appreciate what Jim Grobe did for them:

1) Won WF's first ACC Championship in 36 years....and only its 2nd one ever.

2) Took WF to its only BCS bowl in the school's history.

3) Had the only 3-straight year winning record in the school's history.

4) Took WF to three straight bowls for its only time in history.

Bottom line: Today's WF fans are the absolute worst. Mostly a bunch of spoiled, privileged, whiny brats with a life-long feeling of entitlement.

Last edited:

Wow, Bob expects to leave this mortal coil soon!

Wow, Bob expects to leave this mortal coil soon!

LOL. The fact is that WF has no business at all playing in the ACC today....and wouldn't be if it wasn't a carry-over charter member from the old Southern Conference, decades before the mega-bucks took over collegiate sports. Probably never did in the first place, if the truth be told. 4 basketball championships & 2 football championships in the 61-year history of the conference? And only 1 football championship and 0 basketball championships in the last 20 years? That's 40 years of competition with 1 championship (thanks completely to the unappreciated Jim Grobe).

And it is harder to complete in the expanded ACC now than it has ever been during those times.

LOL. The fact is that WF has no business at all playing in the ACC today....and wouldn't be if it wasn't a carry-over charter member from the old Southern Conference, decades before the mega-bucks took over collegiate sports. Probably never did in the first place, if the truth be told. 4 basketball championships & 2 football championships in the 61-year history of the conference? And only 1 football championship and 0 basketball championships in the last 20 years? That's 40 years of competition with 1 championship (thanks completely to the unappreciated Jim Grobe).

And it is harder to complete in the expanded ACC now than it has ever been during those times.

Going a little above .500 in ACC hoops isn't gonna be that hard

And knowing when it was time for Grobe to go doesn't mean you don't appreciate what he did! Does it?

bob, you're going to eat it on the hoops bet very soon.

Perhaps. But there is no clear non-political hack with principles against her besides Bernie, and while I would love for him to win the whole enchilada, it ain't happening. Rubio? Please. Get used to it, Bobby, she's your President.

Agreed; however distasteful it is.

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted.

Lol 10-8 in the conference? Shoulda thought about that one for a sec

Back