• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

Trump has shown how useless the RNC/DNC are and that donors control the process because they give to both parties. If things get much worse, nobody can force Hillary out of the race to give Dems a better chance of winning if she still has a few mega donors. Money can't turn Hillary and Jeb into great candidates.

Trump's wrong that Mitt isn't really rich, but Mitt, the Clintons, and Fiorina can't self fund. Bachmann, Cain, Newt, and Santorum didn't make huge amounts of money after failed campaigns, so the financial angle may have dried up. Pawlenty became a lobbyist and doubt Carson yields a huge pay day.

Kochs have to be bummed that their stooge Walker is a huge bust. Bloomberg has to look at the dynamics and wonder what might have been.

Is it completely too late for anyone else to get it other than Biden?

No, but it's getting close. The trouble is the other potential candidates who might have otherwise run are sitting this 1 out because of Hillary. And if she implodes in Jan-Feb, then effectively it would be too late for anyone else to get in. Biden getting in soon would give me (and the Dem establishment) some solace. The powers that be should tell him that he's not going to win and Hillary will be the nominee as long as she doesn't implode, but if she does, he'll get the establishment backing. Either that, or a brokered convention would be interesting.

Edited to add, FMR, I still think it's a bit early to declare Walker a bust. As much as the Donald is controlling the news and polls, he's still unlikely to be the nominee. And I don't see Bush being the nominee either. I still think Walker and Rubio have the best shots, and Walker is a smarter politician of the 2 and has positioned himself well to be most Pubs' fallback choice.

Last edited:
Walker sounded completely clueless in discussing ending birthright citizenship. Shaky on the issues and zero charisma. Zero abortions under any circumstances isn't going to carry the middle of the electorate. Billionaire donors don't want to do the heavy lifting themselves. They'd rather buy pliable puppets and have them do their bidding. HRC's election would show how far women have moved toward equality. Many people would groan about a the lesser of two (or three) evils "winning". Jeb and Walker also won't generate any passion and excitement. Rubio's a lightweight, but he's more charismatic than the others.

I would put the top 3 as Rubio, Kasich, and Christie. But a lot of personal bias might be involved there. I just can't see a donk like Walker, no matter how likable his policies are with the base, getting elected. You have to have some charisma to win this job. That might be why Hillary keeps disappointing. Despite her overwhelming favorably situation, she is just not very inspiring. Who knows. But I think the Republican nomination will come down to Kasich, Rubio, and Christie.

I would put the top 3 as Rubio, Kasich, and Christie. But a lot of personal bias might be involved there. I just can't see a donk like Walker, no matter how likable his policies are with the base, getting elected. You have to have some charisma to win this job. That might be why Hillary keeps disappointing. Despite her overwhelming favorably situation, she is just not very inspiring. Who knows. But I think the Republican nomination will come down to Kasich, Rubio, and Christie.

Republicans are not nominating Christie. They do not like him.

Christie has virtually zero chance. Kasich has virtually zero chance. Rubio is a top three contender by the end, if not the nominee.

Kasich and Rubio would be the GOP's best general election candidates. Thought Rand would be in that group too, but he's been underwhelming. Just a crappy field all around. Base favoring Trump, Carson, and Carly speaks volumes about how they feel about their own party. Cruz would be better Trump insurance than Walker.

Kasich and Rubio would be the GOP's best general election candidates. Thought Rand would be in that group too, but he's been underwhelming. Just a crappy field all around. Base favoring Trump, Carson, and Carly speaks volumes about how they feel about their own party. Cruz would be better Trump insurance than Walker.

The Republican base has been promised for the past 15 years that their candidates are going to come into Washington and overhaul the Constitution, singlehandedly overrule Roe v. Wade, bomb the Ayotollahs, run out the illegals, cut off the welfare (although presumably not for all the Republican base voters who receive food stamps, Medicaid, and unemployment), make the national debt disappear without touching Medicare, Social Security, or the military (actually, increasing the military and bombing Ayatollahs) while simultaneously lowering taxes, repeal Obamacare (x40 votes).... Republican politicians have been making these promises, nobody forced them to do it. And the base has figured out that they all were lying the whole time. But the crazy thing is, the base hasn't figured out that these things are actually impossible, illegal, or at the very best, mutually exclusive! Instead they still think if they just elect the toughest craziest guy, it'll all magically come true! I mean at some point you just have to sit back and laugh, but it's kind of too sad to laugh at.

Great post, 923

Walker sounded completely clueless in discussing ending birthright citizenship. Shaky on the issues and zero charisma. Zero abortions under any circumstances isn't going to carry the middle of the electorate. Billionaire donors don't want to do the heavy lifting themselves. They'd rather buy pliable puppets and have them do their bidding. HRC's election would show how far women have moved toward equality. Many people would groan about a the lesser of two (or three) evils "winning". Jeb and Walker also won't generate any passion and excitement. Rubio's a lightweight, but he's more charismatic than the others.

Trump says that at the next debate and he wins the debate going away.

In both 2008 and now, Hillary had too many synchophants who are unable or unwilling to tell her things she doesn't want to hear, but needs to hear. The only coaching she seems to have listened to is to try and diffuse things with humor, but attempted jokes about snapchat and physically wiping the server always fall flat. Gore can make out with Tipper on stage or Mitt can wear jeans, but if they don't have it there's no way to fix it.

Trump also surrounds himself with synchophants, but he's clearly not focus group tested. The 10% of the population who loves Trump will never waver, but that's not enough to win a general election or even win the GOP nomination. Lots of people hate the current GOP and would welcome a female president, but way too many people don't believe in Hillary.

hillary is as likable as nixon

Been thinking that for awhile now. Pretty sure HRC kicked a dog and/or chewed out some staffer after her press conference yesterday. Would be hilarious if her emails are as over the top hateful and profane as Nixon's tapes.

Been thinking that for awhile now. Pretty sure HRC kicked a dog and/or chewed out some staffer after her press conference yesterday. Would be hilarious if her emails are as over the top hateful and profane as Nixon's tapes.

I am sure she is charming and measured.

Diane Rehm is on Hillary's email scandal.

Hilary is just so awful.

Come on BERN, keep grinding.

fa2933b7bfc9b9ad5b1dc9afcb86e671.jpg

hillary is as likable as nixon

Very astute comparison. I read an article not too long back (written by a reputable ie: not the blaze or fox news) that compared the two. It was spot on.

Back