• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

None of those look like good bets. How about the field?

I don't think you can sell presidential candidates short with Vegas. You may need Goldman Sachs to create a vehicle like a credit default swap for that.

Where can I bet against Jeb? I'm talking big money. There is no way he is the next president. None. Plama help me out.

I am in on this. That is an easy 33% return on an investment. I would take him at 33% return way before I would take Trump at a 12%.

Gonna be pretty funny when all the early noise and nonsense polls from voters who don't give a shit yet gives way to the inevitable Jeb versus Hillary election with Hillary winning comfortably.

Obama has a dog in this fight. A Republican president will undo everything he's done the last 8 years, starting with Obamacare. You can bet he'll be stumping for whoever wins the Dem nomination.

Can we not talk about a female candidate without referencing her personal appearance?

Yeah. That's a good take.

Ah, the everybody does it take. I think that one has been used, in fact that is PH's favorite take on the situation.

I think Friedersdorf is making the point, through some satire, that the top-secret-surveillance-NSA deep state is a much bigger problem than Hilldog's server. I don't read it in any way as a defense of Hillary.

I think Friedersdorf is making the point, through some satire, that the top-secret-surveillance-NSA deep state is a much bigger problem than Hilldog's server. I don't read it in any way as a defense of Hillary.

Ding!

Hilary

He is doing both. It does not shock me that you or PH don't see it that way. Im Not saying this in a snarky way at all but the writer is diffusing the outrage at the same time he is taking a shot at our surveillance state. At least that is my opinion.

From the article:

"So get off my back about these classified documents that were on my server. If you start enforcing these laws strictly, even when powerful people are involved, you’ll wind up with a Constitutional crisis, because virtually everyone violates them and is vulnerable."

That is a pretty clear - "hey everyone does it" defense.

He is doing both. It does not shock me that you or PH don't see it that way. Im Not saying this in a snarky way at all but the writer is diffusing the outrage at the same time he is taking a shot at our surveillance state. At least that is my opinion.

From the article:

"So get off my back about these classified documents that were on my server. If you start enforcing these laws strictly, even when powerful people are involved, you’ll wind up with a Constitutional crisis, because virtually everyone violates them and is vulnerable."

That is a pretty clear - "hey everyone does it" defense.

which is a clear admission of guilt; people who are not guilty, or not defending the guilty, do not argue everyone does it

Last edited:
Back