• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

But it was more "everything is classified" than "everyone does it."

So much dumb in one tiny little sentence. Dizzying efficiency on your part. Let's unpack.

If the first clause is true, can you see why the second clause shouldn't be true? All the more reason to follow the rules in the first place.

Last edited:
"To send classified information electronically, the State Department has a secure, closed system. So even if Clinton had used a state.gov email address, this would not have been secure enough to transmit classified information. Procedurally, emails would get a label marking them as containing classified information."

"Some of the emails released this month actually show Clinton’s team talking about how they can’t email each other classified information."

"The fact that no emails on her personal server were marked as classified suggests that she generally was doing her classified business on the secure government servers dedicated to that purpose," she said."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...10/hillary-clintons-emails-classified-or-not/

I'm no fan of hers, but if a server, Benghazi, and Trump are all you've got...good luck.

So much dumb in one tiny little sentence. Dizzying efficiency on your part. Let's unpack.

If the first clause is true, can you see why the second clause shouldn't be true? All the more reason to follow the rules in the first place.

I'm not following you. Write gooder please.

I'm no fan of hers, but if a server, Benghazi, and Trump are all you've got...good luck.

It will be hard to match her natural likability and bona fide consistency in her policy positions.

I'm not following you. Write gooder please.

If "everything is classified" (and good God is that inaccurate and dishonest, but I'll take the argument on, flaws and all), then that's the primary reason not to have a home server and thus the reason why everybody doesn't do it. .

True, but who is more consistent and pleasant?

When compared to Hillary Clinton? I guess it's to think of someone more honest and likable. Point for you guys.

Looking quite like the "Benghazi Committee" is everything Clinton claimed from the jump.

True, but who is more consistent and pleasant?

Of this year's contestants? Bernie, Carson, Rand and maybe Kasich. In particular, Bernie's beliefs and message have been quite consistent. And Carson consistently talks about Nazis. I think it's a fetish or something. What I again find interesting this election cycle is how Carson's Oregon victims comments, and his later clarifications further digging his hole, haven't appeared to affect his poll #s the last few days. Candidates have suffered no poll repercussions for blaming murder victims for their gruesome murders, denigrating war heros for getting captured and calling most Mexicans rapists. We have achieved bizarro world.

Of this year's contestants? Bernie, Carson, Rand and maybe Kasich. In particular, Bernie's beliefs and message have been quite consistent. And Carson consistently talks about Nazis. I think it's a fetish or something. What I again find interesting this election cycle is how Carson's Oregon victims comments, and his later clarifications further digging his hole, haven't appeared to affect his poll #s the last few days. Candidates have suffered no poll repercussions for blaming murder victims for their gruesome murders, denigrating war heros for getting captured and calling most Mexicans rapists. We have achieved bizarro world.

I'd take Carson out and agree with the other three.

If "everything is classified" (and good God is that inaccurate and dishonest, but I'll take the argument on, flaws and all), then that's the primary reason not to have a home server and thus the reason why everybody doesn't do it. .

uh, wut? "everything" is hyperbole, just like "everyone."

uh, wut? "everything" is hyperbole, just like "everyone."

Why not just follow the rules when it comes to handling classified intelligence, and save yourself the indignity of this hurl-inducing defense? This type of violation would get a Republican fired and prosecuted (spoiler: it did). If for some reason the Obama DOJ stumbled across blind justice and held Hillary to the same standard, would she run after an indictment? I realize it is a laughable notion that this Administration would hold her accountable, but for the benefit of our friends in the parlour, what would she do if she got indicted? #Doesntmatter #GotCaucuswins? Can you imagine a party nominating someone facing an active felony prosecution? That would be worth the price of admission.

Why not just follow the rules when it comes to handling classified intelligence, and save yourself the indignity of this hurl-inducing defense? This type of violation would get a Republican fired and prosecuted (spoiler: it did). If for some reason the Obama DOJ stumbled across blind justice and held Hillary to the same standard, would she run after an indictment? I realize it is a laughable notion that this Administration would hold her accountable, but for the benefit of our friends in the parlour, what would she do if she got indicted? #Doesntmatter #GotCaucuswins? Can you imagine a party nominating someone facing an active felony prosecution? That would be worth the price of admission.

Ask Powell and Rove.

"Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he kept two computers to send and receive emails while he was in the position.

During on an appearance on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday, Powell said he used one computer for sending sensitive material and a second for less important communications.

"I had a secure State Department machine for secure material and I had a laptop that I could use for email. I would email relatives, friends, but I would also email in the department," he said."

"Not long after George W. Bush assumed the presidency in 2001, Rove, his top political aide, set up a private email server for use in the White House. The stated purpose of the system — the primary domain name on which was gwb43.com — was that it would be used exclusively for the sort of political correspondence that Bush and Rove were not permitted to do on the taxpayer’s dime."

"During the investigation, it came to light that Rove’s server had been used to send official, non-political emails — correspondence that was required by law to be preserved under the Presidential Records Act."

"On April 12, 2007, Rove’s operation admitted that it had deleted at least 5 million emails from the server. In December 2009, technicians who had examined the server reported that the number of emails that had been deleted was far greater — 22 million."

Last edited:
Ask Powell and Rove.

"Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he kept two computers to send and receive emails while he was in the position.

During on an appearance on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday, Powell said he used one computer for sending sensitive material and a second for less important communications.

"I had a secure State Department machine for secure material and I had a laptop that I could use for email. I would email relatives, friends, but I would also email in the department," he said."

"Not long after George W. Bush assumed the presidency in 2001, Rove, his top political aide, set up a private email server for use in the White House. The stated purpose of the system — the primary domain name on which was gwb43.com — was that it would be used exclusively for the sort of political correspondence that Bush and Rove were not permitted to do on the taxpayer’s dime."

"During the investigation, it came to light that Rove’s server had been used to send official, non-political emails — correspondence that was required by law to be preserved under the Presidential Records Act."

"On April 12, 2007, Rove’s operation admitted that it had deleted at least 5 million emails from the server. In December 2009, technicians who had examined the server reported that the number of emails that had been deleted was far greater — 22 million."

Sounds good. Everybody does it. Hillary is now looking to Bubba Cunningham for her legal defense strategy? Should work out great.

Jhmd: "This type of violation would get a republican fired and prosecuted..."

ONW: two recent examples of Republicans who were not "fired and prosecuted" for "this type of violation"

Jhmd: so what if Republicans did the same thing, that's not an excuse.

pivot.jpg

Ask Powell and Rove.

First of all Clinton did not have two separate emails that she used. She used her private server for both government and private communication. So her situation is no the same as Powells. Powell would sometime use his government email (secure) for private communication. Clinton used her private email (not secure) for official government work. Big difference.

Secondly, you are going to hold up Karl Rove as the proof that what Hillary did was responsible behavior for our leaders in governemt? That somehow since Karl Rove did it to, that makes it ok?

really-snl.jpg

Pretty tough argument to make ONW. Hillary is a snake. So is Karl Rove. Neither should be handed the keys to most powerful position in the free world.

So what email did she use for confidential emails?

Back