• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

Hillary made a joke about sniper fire while on Jay Leno in 2007. Nobody thinks the private server is a yuck fest. Comedy and charisma aren't her things and she needs to move on after various screw ups.

Hillary was a mess between 1992 and 2000. Her team managed to keep her largely in check between 2000 and 2014, but things have come off the rails since then. Bubba definitely had it, but HRC never will. Similar to Romney, has lots of resources, but it's hard for her team to put her in areas where she can shine. The wonky policy bot is impressive, but her prickly personality and prior screw outs cancel that out.

Making jokes doesn't make the email server investigation go away. The Democratic race is going to get very interesting. Bernie is a legitimate candidate even though he is pretty far left. He doesn't seem to make mistakes. If he were about 15 years younger I would give him a really good shot at defeating Hillary. Are there any young democrats that are going to give this thing a run? I think the Crats are in some danger in the coming years if they don't find some more youthful stars. All of their top candidates are extremely old. Hillary, Bernie, Biden, Warren ... even John Edwards will be 66 next time a presidential election comes around... The youngest guy I even see on the board right now is Martin O'Malley and I don't think there are 5 people on this board that could tell you anything meaningful about him.

Just a curious time. The Democrats have all the political momentum in the world right now, but they don't have any young guns who are taking advantage of the wave. On the other hand the Republicans are reeling the past 8 years in a lot of ways, but all the youth is on their side.

hillary_3408762b.jpg

Making jokes doesn't make the email server investigation go away. The Democratic race is going to get very interesting. Bernie is a legitimate candidate even though he is pretty far left. He doesn't seem to make mistakes. If he were about 15 years younger I would give him a really good shot at defeating Hillary. Are there any young democrats that are going to give this thing a run? I think the Crats are in some danger in the coming years if they don't find some more youthful stars. All of their top candidates are extremely old. Hillary, Bernie, Biden, Warren ... even John Edwards will be 66 next time a presidential election comes around... The youngest guy I even see on the board right now is Martin O'Malley and I don't think there are 5 people on this board that could tell you anything meaningful about him.

Just a curious time. The Democrats have all the political momentum in the world right now, but they don't have any young guns who are taking advantage of the wave. On the other hand the Republicans are reeling the past 8 years in a lot of ways, but all the youth is on their side.

1) Crats? Really? Oh ffs...

2) Gillibrand, Booker, Castro x2, Patrick (although pushing "old" at 59) to name a few

Good candidates fix a lot of things. Kasich and Rubio are the GOP's best bets. Dorky Walker is young, but he's not moving the needle for young voters. Rand has some appealing policies, but he's run a terrible campaign. GOP social policies repulse young voters.

Joaquin Castro, Gillibrand, and Booker are rising stars. Would be surprised if Castro isn't the 2016 VP nominee. He's not going to be elected statewide in TX. If Dems lose, they have a problem in 2020, but Gillibrand and Booker are teed up for 2024, especially if they're sitting Governors.

Who's the GOP nominee in 2020? Not somebody who's already lost to the incumbent. Both parties have a lot of crappy current candidates. Dems have demographics and policies that appeal to younger voters. GOP has an elderly base and outdated policies. Whichever party loses in 2016 has a 2020 problem. GOP's position gets worse unless they rework their policy positions like they should have done after 2012.

The Dem bench is solid and they've been around for awhile except the Castros. I don't like how they bowed out for Hillary but Gillibrand and Booker especially are where they need to be. I don't know if Patrick has presidential aspirations though.

2016 is a weird transition point because the ideal 2016 candidate already is the incumbent.

Agree that Bernie is a far better candidate that anybody would have thought. He has addressed his mistakes in quick fashion and uses any potential controversy as free publicity. That's huge against Hillary. I have no data to back this up but I feel like the incident in Seattle greatly increased his visibility among black voters. And he released his criminal justice strategy soon thereafter.

Can we move all this to the Dems POTUS thread?

1) Crats? Really? Oh ffs...

2) Gillibrand, Booker, Castro x2, Patrick (although pushing "old" at 59) to name a few

What is your deal kid? Everything have to be an argument? Is it really that difficult just to discuss something?

What is your deal kid? Everything have to be an argument? Is it really that difficult just to discuss something?

See point #2 and don't get hung up on me rolling my e-eyes at you for typing out something stupid.

The insecurity breeds the aggression.

Typical Cowboy fan behavior. All the classic signs: jumping in when nobody asked his opinion, thinking he is from somewhere he isn't that involves a strange accent that nobody enjoys hearing, lashing out like high school dropout when anyone questions his usually erroneous opinions, and responding to defeating counterpoints with cutesy passive aggressive remarks the conjure visions of the speaker offing himself in a closet in defeat rather than face his losing reality. Basically these guys:

dallas-cowboys-fans-getty-large-1.jpg

Reactions: ONW
Typical Cowboy fan behavior. All the classic signs: jumping in when nobody asked his opinion, thinking he is from somewhere he isn't that involves a strange accent that nobody enjoys hearing, lashing out like high school dropout when anyone questions his usually erroneous opinions, and responding to defeating counterpoints with cutesy passive aggressive remarks the conjure visions of the speaker offing himself in a closet in defeat rather than face his losing reality. Basically these guys:

dallas-cowboys-fans-getty-large-1.jpg

hilarious 2&2

I question anyone that strongly identifies with either political party

This times a million.

I also saw this today. The Guv makes a great point. Christie: What's if I'd deleted Bridgegate emails?

Hillary is just so awful on so many levels. Pretty much the only thing she has going for her is the prosperity the country experienced during her husband's presidency. She's fake, contrived, and unlikable. For years we've been told that anyone who finds Hillary unlikable must do so because they're a bigot who just can't stand a strong woman in politics. Bullshit. In support, I give you Senator Elizabeth Warren. She's everything Hillary isn't - she's likable, passionate, and authentic. And this is coming from someone who disagrees with her more often than not.

Last edited:
Clinton's emails being reviewed. So far 5% of the emails sorted through have been tagged as potential containing classified material. This would come out to a number of 1,500 emails if the rate holds consistent. Mind you these are the emails that she didn't delete. Who knows how many of these actually contain classified material, but it is pretty clear that she conducted classified discussions from her home server. Who knows what was on the emails that she deleted.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/17/new-hillary-clinton-email-count-305-documents-pote/

I don't think she ever sees the oval office. If I was a gambling man I would short Hillary on the market right now. Eventually something has to stick. There is simply too much dirt in her past. It is one thing to elect a president and then grow to distrust him/her, but it is another thing to willingly elect a president that you cannot rely upon to tell or act in a truthful manner. I don't think we as a nation will stand for it. If the Pubs put forth a sensible candidate and not somebody with massive baggage (like Trump or Jeb), I think they can beat Hillary. I am not so sure they could beat Bernie. No baggage, strong message that appeals in a similar manner to what Obama has run upon. Consistent character. I would feel more comfortable running against Hillary than Bernie personally if I was a Republican candidate.

This times a million.

I also saw this today. The Guv makes a great point. Christie: What's if I'd deleted Bridgegate emails?

Hillary is just so awful on so many levels. Pretty much the only thing she has going for her is the prosperity the country experienced during her husband's presidency. She's fake, contrived, and unlikable. For years we've been told that anyone who finds Hillary unlikable must do so because they're a bigot who just can't stand a strong woman in politics. Bullshit. In support, I give you Senator Elizabeth Warren. She's everything Hillary isn't - she's likable, passionate, and authentic. And this is coming from someone who disagrees with her more often than not.

Who told you that? Probably nobody, but that's what you heard.

jhmd is a Cowboys fan? I didn't think he could be any worse.

Back