• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LEXINGTON BBQ

Yeah Mac's is probably the best out of the bunch. Lancaster's has good BBQ, but they are in the category where their sides don't measure up. Have to head out to Bridges in Shelby or Lakeshore in Denver to get quality all-around non-hipster BBQ.

Nobody's going to Huntersville or Mooresville for BBQ.

There's more than one Bridges in Shelby. Red's has the better location and rustic building. Allston's may have the better q.

This is all you need to read on this thread.

Lex BBQ is so overhyped its not funny. BBQ Center is definitely the best all around stop for a trip to Lexington

Agreed, BBQ Center has been my favorite for years. Just got some Saturday!

IMO, the best barbecue in Charlotte is Bobbee-O's.

Lots of bbq joints in Alabama. I know, because I live here! Skydog, the golden rule in Hoover is the bomb!

Ummmmm Mack's BBQ totally sucks.

:werd: The fact that Mack's is a thing just goes to show you how few locals there really are in this city.

If you want simple NC style pulled pork 'Q, there are a few options mentioned that suffice, but Saucemen's is solid. There aren't (and never really have been in the 13 years I've been here) any true hole in the wall BBQ places in CLT like you'll find in smaller cities throughout NC. I just ate this past weekend at Stratford BBQ up in King and I'm not sure anything has really changed since I was 5 years old except they are now open on Sundays.

If you just want good BBQ without any regional specific flavor or cut of meat, Midwood Smokehouse is the best in the city. Personally, I think their fatty brisket is the best offering, but the pulled pork, pulled chicken, ribs and sausage are all really solid too.

Last edited:
If your going to be in lexington and want to travel 20 minutes or so then theres 2 really good places in mocksville/advance to try, deano's and snooks are both fantastic places. I might be a little bias becuase i grew up eating there but it is still fantastic. As far as lexington is concerned I think honeymonk is the best for the sliced bbq with outside brown, but you cant go wrong with bbq center or a few others. A sneaky good place for good southern food in lexington is lexington style trimmings, they got really good moravian chicken pie

Ended up at barbecue center

Fantastic pig

Closest I've been to wake in 20 years

Back