• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LEXINGTON BBQ

My wife grew up 10 minutes from Tarheel Q. It was semi sketchy when we went there way back when we started dating. I bet their kitchen would give a health inspector cold sweats.

My wife grew up 10 minutes from Tarheel Q. It was semi sketchy when we went there way back when we started dating. I bet their kitchen would give a health inspector cold sweats.

Its actually a little better now. A few years back it caught fire and was closed for quite a few months. They were required to upgrade to many of the regulations they were originally grandfathered out of.

My brother-in-law's kid works there...he's kind of a mouth breather (which maybe isn't fair to say since like 99% of Lexingtonians are also mouth breathers).

Is that the one in Gates County (that has a trophy room, filled with the handiwork of the finest taxidermist in all of Gatesville)?

so many nubs on here think BBQ center is better than Lexington. False. Saucemans in CLT kills BBQ center

We're cooking a pig on my street next Saturday and it's better than any of these places. Sorry, none of you may come.

Yeah Mac's is probably the best out of the bunch. Lancaster's has good BBQ, but they are in the category where their sides don't measure up. Have to head out to Bridges in Shelby or Lakeshore in Denver to get quality all-around non-hipster BBQ.

I'm hitting Shelby next time

Much closer than Lexington

http://gardenandgun.com/blog/barbecue-bracket-winner

You sons of bitches just need to take my advice on everything, every damn time.

Mac's tastes pretty damn good, and their sides are great. Of course it isn't all local-craft-iknowsomethingyoudon'tknow-chic because it is only 10 or so years old, people know it is there, and it is always crowded, but that doesn't change the fact that it tastes damn good. Hence why it is always crowded. I had BBQ there last Thursday for lunch, and it tasted just as good as if not better than any other BBQ place in CLT. If you walk in there at any time you'll find people from bankers in 3-piece suits to bikers ... there isn't a much better sign for a restaurant's quality than that. If it is still there in 20 years it will be a classic "institution".

macs Bbq sucks balls but the sides and beer are good. It's was/still is the hip yuppie place to go those "bikers" are lawyers and bankers and dentists escaping suburbia for a while

macs Bbq sucks balls but the sides and beer are good. It's was/still is the hip yuppie place to go those "bikers" are lawyers and bankers and dentists escaping suburbia for a while

All of this. Mac's is always crowded because no one in Charlotte is actually from NC and knows any better. It happens to be located in the South, but it's the equivalent of many of the "real southern BBQ" places that pop up in NY, SF, DC, etc. It's a tourist trap for non-native locals. Sure, it tastes fine, but it's not even close to a good example of NC BBQ. Pulled pork is just another platter they serve next to half-ass attempts at St Louis ribs, Kansas ribs, beer can chicken, pulled turkey, shrimp and grits, and the worst attempt at smoked brisket I've ever put in my mouth.

Midwood, while similar, actually succeeds relatively well at the "little bit of everything" smokehouse/BBQ menu, with an emphasis on their pulled pork and a damned fine attempt at brisket.

Last edited:
Back