• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-Elon GAME THREAD

we're going bowling this year... i feel it.

koolaid-bursting-through-the-wall-1754_preview.jpg

I think he's behind Brent, Hines, Lewis and Wade at this point. Add in Serigne in the hybrid TE position.

All of which are Clawson's guys.

Yeah I used to think we'd really need Tyree to step up to have a good offense the next couple years, but the young guys Clawson has brought in have looked pretty damn good so far.

I think he's behind Brent, Hines, Lewis and Wade at this point. All of which are Clawson's guys.

Then add in Serigne in the hybrid TE position.

Hinton overshot him in the corner of the endzone last drive so he is definitely with the second teamers.

Our corners have had a great game.

Has been the rarest of phenomena the last six or so years -- a Wake game that actually was fun to watch

Our corners have had a great game.

A lot of nice pass breakups. Very encouraging. This is the most fun I've had watching a game in awhile.

Just got home from the game. Not sure if it was shown on TV but I can tell you guys I saw one HUGE difference between Grobe and Clawson that I absolutely love.

With 30 seconds in the 1st half, up 24-0, and Clawson is literally running down the sideline to check the spot on our 3rd down rush. Then, he starts getting into the ref's ear a little on the spot.

First, love the fact he's still trying to score and not 100 miles away squatting. Second, like that he's so engaged in the details and was imploring his team to score up 24-0.

I realize Elon is not a great measure of how team's future performance but I sure appreciate Clawson working his ass off to win ball games!

Agreed, really hoping we can keep this confidence/momentum going into Syracuse.

Good showing but can't get used to the new uni sleeves- reminds me of MD uni's.

41-3 Final.

Ok for a first game. A win, lots of new players showing some positive things. No way to say much more. Let's see what we show at Syracuse.

Nah. His family is big on academics and with our inexperienced O-line blocking for Wolford he'll definitely see some snaps this season. I also agree that he has a legit shot at starting next season.

I'd be surprised if Newman didn't challenge for a spot next season, but the QB position looks tough right now for the Deacs. Nice to see some talent in the skill spots all over the place on offense. Let's not go sucking each other's dicks yet, but yes, this is what you're supposed to do against an FCS team.

Back