• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DL being tried out on OL last night

AsheboroDeacon

Reaction score
It sounded like Sheldon Lewison and at least one other reserve DL checked in with an alternate number on the OL late in the game last night. Anyone with any further insight into this?

I thought Sheldon was like a bigger version of Nikita.
Very strong, quick and a nose tackle.
Not sure what position he'd play on the O line

I believe Kahlil welsh was the other. I didn't really see where they played though.

I'm reasonably certain that the PA announcer's info on who had switched numbers was incorrect. I can't say for certain though because I wasn't able to figure out who had actually switched.

I'm reasonably certain that the PA announcer's info on who had switched numbers was incorrect. I can't say for certain though because I wasn't able to figure out who had actually switched.

Osterhage and Suggs was two of the players, unsure of the third.

Forgot to mention that Lewinson saw a handful of snaps on defense last night.

Lectro was super high on Lewinson. Like way more than his usual hype jobs.

That makes a lot more sense.

The other guys - Osterhage and Suggs - already play offense and I can see Welsh being evaluated on Oline. He's a big body.

Lectro was super high on Lewinson. Like way more than his usual hype jobs.

Well it's well established he had no idea what he was talking about and it's a good thing he's gone.

I thought it was the referee making the announcement, first time I ever heard that happen. I too didn't get it all, but I understood that he said ninety-something to #58.

I thought it was the referee making the announcement, first time I ever heard that happen. I too didn't get it all, but I understood that he said ninety-something to #58.

Yes, it was the ref who announced the switch in numbers. Jeffrey did not announce that.

Suggs wore 99 on the sideline most of the game, but switched to his regular number, 76, when he went in. No announcement for him, but his name was on both 99 and 76.

I'm pretty sure one of the jersey switches ended up with the player wearing "Chambers" on his back. Don't know if that meant Taylor Chambers actually played, or if someone who didn't have an O-line number played wearing Chambers name and number.

Back