• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mr. Robot: Final season airing Sundays on USA

Watch Season 4 of The Shield. Anthony Anderson went from the dude in Kangaroo Jack to an intimidating force.

(Just watch all of The Shield actually)

Damn. That was a good episode. Old school cat and mouse stuff. Nice to see a shift in perspective and the plot moving forward.

And Duck Phillips pulling some old school Duck and Peggy stuff.

really enjoying the show. agree with the people that felt the first half of the season was a little slow stuck in elliott's head but not so much i was completely turned off.

do we know yet why he is in jail? i feel like i missed something.

part of me was thinking that the entire story regarding the website was a re imagining of what actually happened to land him in jail. his voice over work (along with prison - dark army buddy, guys assaulting him as payback) was while he was in jail while what we were seeing was how he got caught up with the website. he walks out the door after turning them in and can't or won't prove he was not involved in someway. allows himself to go away for while to try and get rid of mr robot. he'll do his time. months/year(s) for helping with the website as a patsy or something.

I'm pretty sure he was in jail for hacking his therapist's boyfriend.

My 2 cents is to hang in there. I think the last episode had a lot of payoff, action wise.

so we get full confirmation about what happened the first few weeks. to get rid of mr robot he admits to 1 - parole violation 2- hacking d-bag boyfriend 3 - stealing dog.

we see the website he was involved with was the warden's enterprise a la shawshank. his friend was placed by his side day one.

interesting that he has been working a long game and no longer know what exactly he has put in motion.

All the cliffhangers last night. We have no idea what any central character is up to.

I had to suspend belief that two hackers wouldn't have an alert on their phones for a BOLO related to five/nine. Of course, that could be what saved them.

In a scene where the FBI were all FBIing, someone in the background makes a reference to "Agent Burke". I wonder if that was a shout-out to a character with that name on another USA show (White Collar).

Phillip Price has been great the last few episodes. The contrasts in his interactions with Jack Lew, Terry Colby, Angela, and Minister Zheng are fascinating.

Apparently, the man and woman who picked up Angela have been in every episode this season as "Inconspicuous Man" and "Inconspicuous Woman."

Last edited:
congrats to eliott for wining the emmy.

i feel like season 2 needs to stick the landing. the individual pieces have been really good. acting, writing etc. however, if all the separate pieces don't click into place i'll feel disappointed in the season as a whole.

Mr. Robot Season 2 Discussion (Wednesdays on USA)

Agreed. Splitting the planned two part finale already made it difficult to finish up strong.

I'm fine leaving a few loose ends for season 3 like the identity of Whiterose was last year. But they have to deliver on several things and I'm not sure how well they'll do it.

Last edited:
I liked Part 1 a lot, but I definitely agree that the show was done a disservice by splitting it up. As an individual episode it was basically inscrutable, but it seems like the sort of thing that will make way more sense in the context of the two-parter.

The stuff with Angela was fantastic, and I really dug the dreamlike structure of it all. Made me question how much of what we were seeing was being filtered through Eliott. It's clear that Esmail is hyperaware of the various fan theories and possibilities of where this could go. I remember reading a theory a couple of weeks ago that Eliott = Joanna, and I don't think it's insignificant that the very first thing we saw after "MIND AWAKE, BODY ASLEEP" was her with her baby (who, in the Eliott = Joanna theory, would be completely fabricated)

I was working on an idea last week that Eliott's dad and Angela's mom are both still alive. The more I think about it, we were never really given specifics about what went wrong in the first place at the Washington Township plant, and the way Whiterose and Price talk about it, it's clear that it still holds a lot of value to them. Whiterose specifically has been skirting around the idea of alternate realities and timelines a lot this season, and the phrase that she used when talking about their parents was how they gave their lives "to help humanity achieve the next level." I'm thinking maybe they were the pioneers for some sort of reality/time-jumping project, and are in another dimension? There are only so many things that Whiterose could have shown Angela to make her "believe" in the project, and one of those would certainly be a glimpse of her mother.

In any case, I think things are about to get really weird. I'm nervous, because it's really, really easy to fuck up a show about time travel and multiple realities (a line that, say, Fringe walked with varying degrees of success). On the other hand, it'd be a really ambitious turn, and I'm confident in Esmail to at least continue to pull it off stylistically.

Of course, I could be wrong about all of this, and what we're seeing is what we're getting.

Back