• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mr. Robot: Final season airing Sundays on USA

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
So, I've been holding off on starting this thread, but I just finished the first season, and hooooo boy.

Anyone else watching this show? It's one of the best new shows I've seen in years, right up there with The Americans and Breaking Bad. It shares a lot plotwise with Fight Club, but it's a wholly unique, challenging entertaining mindfuck of a show.

All episodes of Season 1 are streaming here. I know a few people who refused to watch because it airs on USA Network (and I was hesitant at first too!), but this show is truly incredible, and the payoffs are insane. The way things end up, I'm sort of excited for repeat viewings to help reframe early season scenes.

Last edited:
Not sure how we would want to handle spoilers for this thread. I know more and more people have just been starting the show as the hype has built over the last couple of months. I guess we could use spoiler tags for now? I dunno.

I think it was one of the best first seasons of a show ever. Lots of great shows take some time to figure out the right atmosphere or mood, or it takes the actors a while to completely become the character... This show was 100 right off the bat.

Interesting that the creator said that this was originally a screenplay, and the big "reveal" was just the end of the first act. If he can stretch out one act that well I'm psyched about the quality moving forward as he still knows where the story is going.

I'm halfway through the first season and digging it. Seems like an AMC show.

I read an interview in which he compared his original idea to the Matrix and we are just getting to the point 30 minutes in where you find out what the Matrix is.

I was hesitant to start, for some reason I was thinking it was another incarnation of that buddy cop movie where one guy was a robot. I based that on nothing whatsoever but an assumption. After seeing some hype from some reputable sources, I gave it a shot and lurrrrved it. Not much to say beyond that if we're spoiler free. Seems to me spoilers should be fair game since it's been concluded for a week but it's your thread.

This show has given me my Breaking Bad fix. A lot of similarities to that show. The filmmaking is great. The music/score selection has been superb.

Awesome show. The finale has to be up there with some of the best of all time. Pretty amazing how they dealt with a predictable plot twist and multiple references to hugely popular movies and managed to be self-aware and original anyway.

Season 2 should be great.

Great show. The actor who plays Elliot is amazing

The show made me like Christian Slater! That's history being made.

I was hesitant to start, for some reason I was thinking it was another incarnation of that buddy cop movie where one guy was a robot. I based that on nothing whatsoever but an assumption. After seeing some hype from some reputable sources, I gave it a shot and lurrrrved it. Not much to say beyond that if we're spoiler free. Seems to me spoilers should be fair game since it's been concluded for a week but it's your thread.

Yeah I mean if enough of us have finished, I guess spoilers are fair game? I just honestly wasn't sure if people were just starting the show or not.

I noticed today in a screencap from the 2nd episode that Mr. Robot was reading a book called Resurrection, which made me laugh.

Awesome show. The finale has to be up there with some of the best of all time. Pretty amazing how they dealt with a predictable plot twist and multiple references to hugely popular movies and managed to be self-aware and original anyway.

Season 2 should be great.

Yeah. The cool thing was that the twist wasn't the point. The show wasn't trying to pull the rug out from under us, but instead from under Elliot, which I appreciated. The last two or three episodes of the season, where we really delved into the aftermath of the reveal, were all stellar. I didn't think they'd really have the balls to have so many huge plot points occur offscreen, but they did. The way they handled the Darlene reveal in particular (starting Ep 8 with her and Angela in the ballet studio) was brilliant. I found myself trying to figure out if I had seen those two characters together before, and then I sort of forgot about it until the end of that episode.

This show took me by surprise at how good it was. The reveal about Mr. Robot was predictable but done very well despite it being predictable. I did not see the Darlene reveal coming at all.

Its one of those shows that now that I've seen the first season, I want to go back and rewatch to see things I didn't pick up on the first time. I'm very excited about season 2.

Its very rare to see a show depict anything with computers in a way that's not dumbed down for the viewers (see CSI: Cyber) or just flat out wrong (see CSI: Cyber) but all the tech stuff was pretty accurate and not watered down at all.

I know a few people who refused to watch because it airs on USA Network (and I was hesitant at first too!)

Why do people refuse to watch things on USA Network?

Silk Stalkings

Mr. Robot Season 1 Discussion (S1 spoilers herein)

I'm re watching season 1 with some family members who haven't seen it before. There are a ton of moments/dialogue that are much more meaningful after you know what happens. Things that seemed insignificant were actually quite telling in hindsight. Makes the writing look even better.

Just started today. First episode a little uneven but good.

Finished.

It's a clever show and a lot of the themes are great. The acting is spotty and the dialogue is kinda weak. Well-produced, well-scored, and pretty exciting. I obviously liked it as I plowed through all ten episodes in two days, but I don't feel like it was as tight as some of the better shows it's been comped to. Will definitely check Season 2.

Good ass show

Speaking of, the women on this show are legit from top to bottom, the Swedish creepy wife to my girl from Timecop, the psychiatrist.

One really cool thing that I read is that Tyrell and his wife actually speak different languages. Tyrell speaks Swedish, while she speaks Danish... In that early scene where Tyrell tells her that "us is me," he's actually saying it in Danish, apparently to add another layer of intimacy to the scene.

The more I learn about this show, the more impressed I am by how obsessed it is with the details.

Back