• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mr. Robot: Final season airing Sundays on USA

I also think the show has been casually lampshading Eliott's dad being alive all season. There was the seemingly out-of-place flashback (where he told Eliott the clichéd-at-the-time line about always being with him), and there was the sitcom bit which tried to force Eliott back into a family dynamic, and there was the scene a few weeks ago where Eliott was coming out of the bathroom to see Mr. Robot talking with Darlene/Cisco (which, okay, was the first glimpse we had of them "glitching," but was also meant to be a jarring scene for us).

I'm caught up now. This season has still been too slow. Lots of hide the ball but no real plot advancement. What have we learned since the season began? Really nothing except that Patrick Bateman is still alive, Elliot is still crazy, and we've spent a lot of time with some big nosed annoying Tracy Flick of an FBI agent. That's it.

Big fall off from S1

We don't even know "Patrick Bateman" is still alive.

There has been too much "hide the ball." By my count, there are 5 main and side characters who we don't know if they're dead or alive. That's ridiculous.

I disagree about plot advancement. The Eliot jail plot seemed to be a waste aside from learning Dark Army had a spy on him. Darlene's leadership troubles were interesting. Angela fought the good fight, but was captured as giving up, and we got a strong hint that she's extremely important in the grand scheme. We learn more about the partnership between Price and Zheng. We got a glimpse at a dystopian post five/nine world that the show made seem all too real with Obama dubs and actors portraying Jack Lew and Janet Yellen. We got a better idea of how the FBI is investigating fsociety.

The plot has advanced, but it's not as satisfying as Season 1. Not yet.

Last edited:
stand by my feeling that if last week was the finale the individual parts would have been very well done but the season would be a disappointment with a lot of standing in place but having some new back ground information on the events of last season. as a cliff hanger / finale i would have been unsatisfying.

they still have a chance to stick the landing and pull it all together to be a really good season of tv. it was no where near as tightly run as season 1. the first half of the season meandered way to much around elliott's incarceration/mind games.

I'm happy with the questions that got answers and the way they got answered, but too much stuff happened off camera including the WTF phone call at the end. It wasn't as satisfying as I hoped. Also Stage 2 didn't make much sense.

Heads up to folks: there's a big post credits scene. So go back and check it out if, like me, you reflexively turn off anything playing Bob Seger music (even if Seger himself is not performing it).

Mr. Robot Season 2 Discussion (Wednesdays on USA)

I would hope people stuck it out considering the credits started at 10:52.

It was a good scene.

How slick was USA last night? Slipped in that "This isn't Burn Notice" line that referenced their whole slogan. And they cut the show early to lead into their new show.

Anybody else notice Wellick's poem about the red wheelbarrow and the dude at the warehouse was eating a chicken sandwich from Red Wheelbarrow BBQ?

And Stage 2 was shown happening in Episode 4.
https://m.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/52zjy5/spoilers_s2e4_we_already_saw_what_stage_2_is_about/

Last edited:
2 things that kinda strike me as "wtf" moments for the finale and stage 2: Are they really expecting us to believe that they are going to/are even capable of rebuilding the entire database of the largest company in the world using billions of pages of info out of one building? If that's the case, then they have all the time in the world, bc that would take forever, and doesn't sound particularly plausible. And 2: Do you really need computer hackers to blow up a building? I get that this way the bombs are already in the building, but it still seems like a pretty overly complicated way of doing things.

Srsly, if you have an army of suicidal AZNs why even bother hacking at all, strap them up with C4 and send em thru the front door on their rice rockets.

I guess this way it looks more like an accident, or a hacker terror plot giving them more juice/credibility? Who knows. I'm not convinced that the show does at this point.

I pretty much agree with this:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/mr-robot-season-two-big-weakness-is-trying-to-be-too-clever.html

Am I up or down on Mr. Robot? Neither. It annoys and frustrates me, not always for good reasons, but I can’t stop watching it because even at its least coherent, it’s more assured, more mysterious, and more viscerally intense than any other drama on commercial television. That, and Rami Malek’s now Emmy-winning performance in the lead role. He’s the most original lead actor on television, and he’s playing a character who, culturally and generationally, means something. I’m still fascinated by his adventures, even though the second season of Mr. Robot felt much more scattered than season one, and I had plenty of reservations about the first season. The show feels increasingly scattered even as it insists to us that it knows exactly what it’s doing at all times. At key moments it seems to forget where and even what it is — as its heavily medicated hero sometimes does — and once it wakes up, it appears to improvise a hasty solution to whatever problem it created before.

2 things that kinda strike me as "wtf" moments for the finale and stage 2: Are they really expecting us to believe that they are going to/are even capable of rebuilding the entire database of the largest company in the world using billions of pages of info out of one building? If that's the case, then they have all the time in the world, bc that would take forever, and doesn't sound particularly plausible. And 2: Do you really need computer hackers to blow up a building? I get that this way the bombs are already in the building, but it still seems like a pretty overly complicated way of doing things.

$2 trillion can get a billion things done pretty quickly.

Am I up or down on Mr. Robot? Neither. It annoys and frustrates me, not always for good reasons, but I can’t stop watching it because even at its least coherent, it’s more assured, more mysterious, and more viscerally intense than any other drama on commercial television. That, and Rami Malek’s now Emmy-winning performance in the lead role. He’s the most original lead actor on television, and he’s playing a character who, culturally and generationally, means something. I’m still fascinated by his adventures, even though the second season of Mr. Robot felt much more scattered than season one, and I had plenty of reservations about the first season. The show feels increasingly scattered even as it insists to us that it knows exactly what it’s doing at all times. At key moments it seems to forget where and even what it is — as its heavily medicated hero sometimes does — and once it wakes up, it appears to improvise a hasty solution to whatever problem it created before.

this is pretty much where i am...

Mr. Robot Season 2 Discussion (Wednesdays on USA)

Also, man, I don't remember anything from Season 2. Like, nothing. They're going to have to do a 25 minute long "Previously on Mr Robot" like they used to do for Lost.

Yeah last season was all over the place. Still will watch season 3 after it happens unless everyone says it sucks.

Christian Slater is super annoying.

Completely agree with the last three posts.

Yuuup. Somebody take one for the team and watch and report back thumbs up or down. Is the full season out or isn't this a once a week Network show?

I liked the first episode a lot, but I also really loved Season 2, so.

Wednesday's episode was really good. I like where they're going with the total separation of Elliot/Mr. Robot. The scene with Christa was really sort of terrifying.

Back