• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Week 1 Thread: JULIO JONES

Glad you've all come to pay respects to JJ, the best receiver in the game. If only you guys had nice things like receivers in the town of incline.

Somehow, I decided to draft Calvin Johnson in round 2 instead of Julio Jones...wtf...still won 10 of my 11 leagues over the weekend...but failed miserably on fanduel and draftkings.

I love the way Atlanta intentionally makes CERTAIN to get the ball in JJ's hands.

Somehow, I decided to draft Calvin Johnson in round 2 instead of Julio Jones...wtf...still won 10 of my 11 leagues over the weekend...but failed miserably on fanduel and draftkings.

I love the way Atlanta intentionally makes CERTAIN to get the ball in JJ's hands.

As a Calvin Johnson owner last year I stayed away. I think that Mega's best years are behind him. Julio was a beast at the end of last year but no one really notice because we sucked. And yes, unlike Detroit, we realize that he creates a mismatch with everyone who tries to cover him, so we call with bubble screens and fly routes and feed him until he burns them or they adjust their D to the point where now everyone else is open.

I am still cautiously optimistic about the Birds this year, but if you can keep a transcendent weapon like JJ healthy, you will always be in games. Really liked seeing 80 yards on 20 carries from Coleman last night as well. Ryan played like shit and we still beat a team that was a 3 point road favorite.

JJ only had 9 catches. People are all excited and amazed because he's either been forced to share the spotlight with those two chumps, or injured.

Helps him watch the playoffs from home.

At this point I cant decide whether the shit talking and boasting about being one of the worst division champions in the last 20 years and having one of the worst playoff wins in the last 50 years is sad or pathetic or both.

Yeah they were resting him on run downs, which is kinda weird because people will figure that out pretty quickly. On the flip side, it worked, because when he was in he was killing people.

All that being said, definitely looks like Roddy's best days are behind him now

I expected nothing from Roddy this year. He looked pretty frisky last night. He had 4 catches for 84 yards, and most of those werent RAC, they were legit 20 yard outs. He did hold twice negating nice JJ gains though. If he can get through the year healthy, he will be an asset. Hopefully Hankerson will show some improvement and next year JJ, Hank and Hardy will be 1-3

At least the Saints and Bucs definitely both suck

So the Giants should get Jason Pierre Paul one of those Jamie Lannister hands.

Rumor that the Cowboys are trading a conditional pick for some WR that was inactive for the Raiders week 1.

That will surely make up for losing Dez! Thanks, Jerruh!

Rumor that the Cowboys are trading a conditional pick for some WR that was inactive for the Raiders week 1.

That will surely make up for losing Dez! Thanks, Jerruh!

But what were you seriously expecting? Who is going to trade a top notch WR to Dallas now? You'd only get a decent WR in a trade if that WR was in a contract dispute or something. It's like the Ravens picking up Jason Babin yesterday with Suggs going down for the year. You pick up the best thing off the street you can find and muddle through the best you can. At least Dez is likely coming back this season.

I think grabbing a guy off the street and not giving up a draft pick would have been better than a guy that might as well have been picked up off the street.

I think grabbing a guy off the street and not giving up a draft pick would have been better than a guy that might as well have been picked up off the street.
Not everyone can pull off blockbuster deals like snagging Kevin Norwood

Petite Randy Moss is available too

Back