• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Week 1 Thread: JULIO JONES

i hate what this board has done to me, making me a pats apologist but this again is not a big deal. NFL provided and maintained the headsets, not the Pats. Even if they were responsible for this I couldnt care less. I'd love it if Chicago was up to shenanigans and they started winning.

OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY THAT, YOU'RE A HOMER

...or something

srsly, does anybody think the Pats actually have the balls to do something like this literally two days after a report came out specifically accusing them of doing something like this? I don't doubt that my Pats have cheated in the past, but I can't imagine they're quite that reckless about it

though on the other hand

OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY THAT, YOU'RE A HOMER

...or something

srsly, does anybody think the Pats actually have the balls to do something like this literally two days after a report came out specifically accusing them of doing something like this? I don't doubt that my Pats have cheated in the past, but I can't imagine they're quite that reckless about it

It's exactly what they'd do.

i hate what this board has done to me, making me a pats apologist but this again is not a big deal. NFL provided and maintained the headsets, not the Pats. Even if they were responsible for this I couldnt care less. I'd love it if Chicago was up to shenanigans and they started winning.

So why can't the NFL shut down both headsets if one set isn't working?

So the gripe is that the Pats plan for the shut down and opponents have to adjust on the fly.

i think they did...pretty sure the pats headsets were turned off when the steelers were down.

or did they?

NBC’s Michele Tafoya, confusingly, reported from the sidelines during the second quarter that the Patriots’ headsets were, indeed, shut off—contrary to what the NFL claims. (The Steelers, reportedly, are planning to file a complaint with the NFL.) Here’s how the Pittsburgh Steelers’ official website described tonight’s headset issues (emphasis mine):

The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

Dance, puppets. Dance. Hoodie is your puppet master.

HOF GOAT Eli. 4 years, $84 million, $65 guaranteed.

i think they did...pretty sure the pats headsets were turned off when the steelers were down.

They had to turn them off after the announcers mentioned the Steelers' problems on national TV. The Pats were found out and had to cover.

After that pre-game show, Kraft is really got a Karma deficiency. I would be walking on eggshells if I were him. He is cruisin for a bruisin

We all knew it would be either the Raiders or the Cowboys but the Raiders signed Aldon Smith to a one year deal.

The NFL provides the equipment, but the home team is responsible for the installation and maintenance of it.

Back