• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Last True Hermit

TripleDeacon

Just Another Attorney
Reaction score
Apologies if this was discussed in the past - the article is over a year old now - but a friend of mine just recently posted this article from GQ on Facebook and I just got finished reading it. A twenty year old man walks into the Maine wilderness without saying goodbye to anyone and survives undetected for 27 years with no human contact, living in a tent the entire time and stealing what he needs to survive. Fascinating.

Link to article: LINK.

So after contemplating on this story a bit and reflecting on some of the rascals and thieves and vagabonds and entrepreneurs and weather patterns Encountered in life and such my opinion is that either the writer or the hermit is at least somewhat full of shit. But the story is good.

Last edited:
finally read this - really interesting. I'd be really curious to see a "one year later" follow-up on him.

Back