• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / FSU Game Week Discussion Thread

Yeah, Dalvin Cook vs. our running game. Definitely helps our chances.

Some were saying the same thing last weekend about the Indiana game and I'm like bad weather favors the team with the better running game. That said, the one thing the weather could do for us is make it an ugly, lower scoring game, which could help. It would take us winning the turnover battle by a significant margin and we're still looking for our first turnover on defense.

I don't think the weather would affect anything for Free Seafoord University. They wont change their game plan or their throw to run ratio due to rain. I think they are convinced that with Golson that he has peaked as a ball control, hand the ball off and occasionally throw the play action type QB. They will run run and run, regardless of weather. On the other hand we are pass happy and can only survive with a successful pass game (and Hinton's heroics, apparently). The weather would only benefit FSU.

Last weekend, on the other hand, I thought that rain would positively affect us because I knew Howard was gonna get his no matter what but they have an "NFL QB" and he was gonna throw a fair amount to the point that he might slip up, get over zealous, which he did twice. Unfortunately we didn't catch it.

A few quick notes from the coach’s show last night:

The staff has spent time debating various scenarios where Hinton and Wolford were both unavailable (i.e. Hinton gets injured during a game). It sounded to me like it depends on the situation but unless it is just for a few plays or we are hopelessly behind we will see Kyle Kearns over Kyle Driscoll. It is obvious that the staff badly wants to redshirt Kearns but they aren’t going to pass up a chance to win a game to do it. I am BIG believer in Kearns talent level and would be very disappointed to see him lose a year of eligibility to play in one game this season.

After Wolford came out of the Army game for the final time, Kearns was apparently told to be prepared to enter the game in the event that something happened to Hinton. Clawson said he looked “white as a ghost” because he had played nothing but scout team at that point. Since that game Kearns has taken the backup QB reps in practice. Even if the redshirt stays intact (fingers crossed) you would think that the extra practice reps will help in Kearns development.

Duke Ejiofor did complete his first full-contact practice. He is still doubtful for FSU though.

Clawson said that so many teams have kicked the ball out of bounds on kickoffs this year that they have decided to cut back on the amount of practice time dedicated to the kick return game.

Remember that last year, I think it was, FSU purposely kicked high and short forcing a returns of very short yardage and poor field position. I'd practice kick returns for them in case they do the same again.

Remember that last year, I think it was, FSU purposely kicked high and short forcing a returns of very short yardage and poor field position. I'd practice kick returns for them in case they do the same again.

They did that a lot against us with Grobe at the helm when FSU had that Catanazaro guy. It was impressive he could place the ball right there and sad we couldn't make adjustments. Didn't watch last years game.

They did that a lot against us with Grobe at the helm when FSU had that Catanazaro guy. It was impressive he could place the ball right there and sad we couldn't make adjustments. Didn't watch last years game.

It's not a bad play if you've got a kicker that can hit really high kickoffs. Elon's kicker only got to kick off twice in our game, but that dude could bring rain.

Cantazaro played for clemson

A few quick notes from the coach’s show last night:

The staff has spent time debating various scenarios where Hinton and Wolford were both unavailable (i.e. Hinton gets injured during a game). It sounded to me like it depends on the situation but unless it is just for a few plays or we are hopelessly behind we will see Kyle Kearns over Kyle Driscoll. It is obvious that the staff badly wants to redshirt Kearns but they aren’t going to pass up a chance to win a game to do it. I am BIG believer in Kearns talent level and would be very disappointed to see him lose a year of eligibility to play in one game this season.

After Wolford came out of the Army game for the final time, Kearns was apparently told to be prepared to enter the game in the event that something happened to Hinton. Clawson said he looked “white as a ghost” because he had played nothing but scout team at that point. Since that game Kearns has taken the backup QB reps in practice. Even if the redshirt stays intact (fingers crossed) you would think that the extra practice reps will help in Kearns development.

Duke Ejiofor did complete his first full-contact practice. He is still doubtful for FSU though.

Clawson said that so many teams have kicked the ball out of bounds on kickoffs this year that they have decided to cut back on the amount of practice time dedicated to the kick return game.

Kevin Marion was a weapon for us on KR. We have been catching kickoffs about 2 feet inside the end zone, waiting, and then taking a knee - happened several times versus Syracuse iirc.

Kevin Marion was a weapon for us on KR. We have been catching kickoffs about 2 feet inside the end zone, waiting, and then taking a knee - happened several times versus Syracuse iirc.

Honestly unless you're pretty confident you can average more the 25 yards per kickoff return, you're better off taking it at the 25. Our kick return team hasn't been good in awhile, probably since we had Marion in fact.

I was very pleased that our team did not just quit Saturday and get pounded despite the fact that physically we were being pushed around. That shows character. Indiana was a difficult matchup for our defense. We are built more to deal with spread teams that have speed. We play in the gaps, and our guys played pretty well in space. FSU CLEM are not going to line up and run it down our throat.

We competed against Indiana. I think we will compete against FSU.

least coverage/discussion of a game I can remember

Any predictions?

Low scoring affair. 24-7 FSU. We are in it until Cook has two long TDs in the early 3rd and early 4th. Same score as the 1998 downpour game.

Back