• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huge News On Giles

Bitter blogger is bitter.

You grossly mistake me for a blogger. I'm a journalist. I work my ass off to report about Wake Forest athletics and recruiting. I was the only reporter that had news on Wake Forest football practice today, for instance.

I don't sit at home and give my opinion on things from my mother's basement. Oft times you get what you pay for.

That being said, I don't screw around and tease readers with "inside" information that is clearly just rehashed bs. Either I know something or I don't. I don't make shit up to trick people into subscribing.

Reactions: ONW
People thought that Ari and AFA couldn't play together? Even when Ari was decent, they were completely different players.
Edit- it appears that it was Ari who needed convincing. No one ever said Ari was smart.

Ari was allegedly an athletic SF and so was AFA.

Hilarious! I get it because the people who run the premium sites do absolutely zero work and should be paid zero for the work they don't do. Top notch post!

It wasn't directed at you at all. It was directed towards a prior regime on anther board.

You grossly mistake me for a blogger. I'm a journalist. I work my ass off to report about Wake Forest athletics and recruiting. I was the only reporter that had news on Wake Forest football practice today, for instance.

I don't sit at home and give my opinion on things from my mother's basement. Oft times you get what you pay for.

That being said, I don't screw around and tease readers with "inside" information that is clearly just rehashed bs. Either I know something or I don't. I don't make shit up to trick people into subscribing.

So when did you confirm SJMs commitment to your readers?

It wasn't directed at you at all. It was directed towards a prior regime on anther board.

So much before my time here -- I moved just a little over a year ago. At some point, I need to be completely filled in on all this history to put this crap into context!

It was a little later than everyone else, as I waited for confirmation from a source close to the program. Just because 10 other people tweeted it doesn't make it so. Sorry I have ethics.

good idea. in the meantime, don't get your panties in a wad. If you're providing valuable inside info people will pay attention.

Forgot to mention -- when the news broke, I was on campus interviewing Justin Herron, so it had been on Twitter for about 10 minutes before I even knew anything was going on. So I was actually behind the news cycle BECAUSE I was working on a football story.

I'll also add that I had told my group right after his visit that I felt good about his eventual commitment. Always thought the Deacs were in good shape on this one.

Hey Les how do you feel about Giles? Like our chances?

Hey Les how do you feel about Giles? Like our chances?

[Comment only viewable by Deacons Illustrated Premium Users]

JK.

You have to feel good the Giles spent time on campus again last week to hang out with Brandon Childress on his visit, but I still think it's a 2-3 team race along with Duke and UK. I've got little inside info here other than the staff feels like they have had ample opportunity to make their pitch and that Harry has generally been receptive. I don't feel strong enough either way to make a call on this one yet.

Feels like nobody knows anything on Giles, im goin with KVegas on this one though. The past months events make me believe what KVegas is saying. It all adds up.

Feels like nobody knows anything on Giles, im goin with KVegas on this one though. The past months events make me believe what KVegas is saying. It all adds up.
It's better than anything anybody else has come up with so far.

Forgot to mention -- when the news broke, I was on campus interviewing Justin Herron, so it had been on Twitter for about 10 minutes before I even knew anything was going on. So I was actually behind the news cycle BECAUSE I was working on a football story.

I'll also add that I had told my group right after his visit that I felt good about his eventual commitment. Always thought the Deacs were in good shape on this one.

Neat

Wadded panties aside... yes let's definitely alienate one of the few posters on here with inside access.

Wadded panties aside... yes let's definitely alienate one of the few posters on here with inside access.

Sorry if it sounded like my proverbial panties were wadded. I was merely trying to respond somewhat sarcastically and I guess it fell flat. My apologies.

I will say that I despise the type of post/tweet/message spoofed in the original post and I hope I don't come across like that pretty much ever.

Sorry if it sounded like my proverbial panties were wadded. I was merely trying to respond somewhat sarcastically and I guess it fell flat. My apologies.

I will say that I despise the type of post/tweet/message spoofed in the original post and I hope I don't come across like that pretty much ever.

The best way not to come across like that is to not post such silliness. You're better than that. Ignore the ridicule and do you.

Hilarious! I get it because the people who run the premium sites do absolutely zero work and should be paid zero for the work they don't do. Top notch post!

So much before my time here -- I moved just a little over a year ago. At some point, I need to be completely filled in on all this history to put this crap into context!

Ph is spot on here. Back a few years ago on Scout, anytime big news broke some premium posters would make a few dotted posts on the free board referencing huge news on the premium board. Some claimed it was to entice others to join premium, others felt it was just elitist posters bragging about knowing more than the typical poster. Usually, one premium poster was willing to divulge at least a portion of the information via pm. It resulted in threads being cluttered with posts asking for PM's and rampant speculation, typically involving spreading of inaccurate information. That is what the mockery was about.

Oh, and by the way, BallStateDeac is definitely the go to guy for PMs.

Ph is spot on here. Back a few years ago on Scout, anytime big news broke some premium posters would make a few dotted posts on the free board referencing huge news on the premium board. Some claimed it was to entice others to join premium, others felt it was just elitist posters bragging about knowing more than the typical poster. Usually, one premium poster was willing to divulge at least a portion of the information via pm. It resulted in threads being cluttered with posts asking for PM's and rampant speculation, typically involving spreading of inaccurate information. That is what the mockery was about.

Oh, and by the way, BallStateDeac is definitely the go to guy for PMs.

This. The emergency code red chat meetings were fun though. It was like asking jhmd a question and expecting an answer.

The last chat I remember was Deman claiming Billy Donovan was a legit candidate to replace Dino.

My favorite premium message board secret was that Jerry Smith silent verballed to Wake early in what we thought could be the OCC class (that's Oden, Conley, and Cook for Les). That went on for months before he actually verballed to Louisville.

Back