• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake v. FSU game thread.

Your odds of getting 4th and 1 are >>> than kicking here and needing the ball back to score a td and get a 2.

if you go for it and dont make it you need two scores. if you kick it you only need 1 score. either way you have to get the ball back. easy decision.

Let it be known that ph defended a controversial coaching decision.

Coaches love extending games - as in maximizing the amount of time they have some chance of winning the game - instead of maximizing win probability.

Let it be known that ph defended a controversial coaching decision.

I'd agree with them if we had a better running game and could get that TD quickly. There's a decent chance we could get the 4th and 1 and still burn time before getting to 4th and goal.

I'll try to use some actual data and do a post if I have time this week to explain why kicking on 4th and 1 there hurts win probability.

Moving down the field against FSU is not easy. You have the ball at the 5 yard line. That is probably your best chance of getting the TD.

Time just wasn't on our side there even if we got 4th and 1.

either way you have to stop them, if you go for it and dont make the first down or TD you have to take the ball from them twice. what is the prob of that?

Back