• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start at QB next week?

If Wolford is 100% healthy, who do you want starting at QB next week against BC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
If Wolford is 100% healthy, who do you want starting at QB next week against BC?

I still think you start Wolford. Hinton was great today but he had more time than the O line has given Wolford at any point in his career. I think there were a few throws Hinton missed that Wolford makes.

I do think you could use both though.

I still think you start Wolford. Hinton was great today but he had more time than the O line has given Wolford at any point in his career. I think there were a few throws Hinton missed that Wolford makes.

I do think you could use both though.

This. Play both. Give both opportunities to use their feet and throw outside the pocket. Put the other in at the slightest injury.

Hinton has made this a much closer call, but I still go with Wolford due to better passing accuracy which is our bread and butter game. I think also you want to support the notion that an injury doesn't cost you your job. Now if Hinton had pulled off the win today then it's anybody's guess.

Think with some experience Hinton is a much better QB next season. I'd let him continue that growth.

Hinton has made this a much closer call, but I still go with Wolford due to better passing accuracy which is our bread and butter game. I think also you want to support the notion that an injury doesn't cost you your job. Now if Hinton had pulled off the win today then it's anybody's guess.

Well said. I am a big Wolford fan; but Hinton has qualities that we may not have seen in a WF QB.

This. Play both. Give both opportunities to use their feet and throw outside the pocket. Put the other in at the slightest injury.

Yes. Make yourself difficult to prepare for.

I think Hinton helps out the running game a lot more and gives us a semblance of a balanced offense. Definitely needs to improve his accuracy, but it seems to be getting better the more he plays.

Hinton is making a case that this is his team. Tough to turn o the Wolf though. Im torn on this one and this is a good problem to have.

Hinton. Bigger upside and probly best option moving forward. Obviously he has to be a more accurate passer. Game reps may help in that. Best possible take on this season is about potential anyway. Give him the reps. Also wake is going to have to have a dual threat qb to be successful.

I don't like dual quarterback systems. I think it hurts the offense's ability to get into a good rhythm.

As for who starts, I'm fine with whatever the coach decides.

@WakeRivals: Wake coach Dave Clawson wouldn't say "what percentage" healthy QB John Wolford was tonight, but said again he'll be the starter when 100%.

Back