• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 5 NFL Thread: Coming Out Guns Blazing

Between the Deacs' ugly 3-0 win yesterday and the Bills' ugly win at TN today, I'm not sure I've ever been witness to so much awful but beautiful football.

ELIte's final drive last night with Harris, Davis, and White as his WRs was nuts. Big credit to ODB for coming back in as a decoy.
The Giants need to get healthy or their division lead is meaningless. That picture of ODB, Cruz, and Randle all on the bench while ELIte went out for the final drive was rather disheartening. And I'm pretty sure Beason is going to break Mike Sherrard's team record for number of games sitting out injured while under contract.

NOT a touchdown.

NFL catching rules are stupid.

CRD7mgHWcAAHV64.jpg

NOT a touchdown.

NFL catching rules are stupid.

CRD7mgHWcAAHV64.jpg

Didn't watch any football yesterday. What was the explanation for why that wasn't a TD?

Didn't watch any football yesterday. What was the explanation for why that wasn't a TD?

Didn't "complete the catch" when the ball popped out in the end zone or some such nonsense

although I would argue taking two steps and diving for the goal line (a football move) means he had possession of the ball and he broke the plane of the end zone, so why isnt that a TD?

the NFL is so dumb when it comes to their rules that contradict each other

Pretty insane that the only comparisons Michaels and Collinsworth could come up with for him were Jerry Rice and Randy Moss (and Torry Holt to a lesser degree). Hopefully ELIte will keep playing for another 6 or so years so that he doesn't get short-changed by having to play with a half-assed rebuilding QB.

There's no way that's NOT a touchdown. And I say that as a 'Skins fan. I was at work but I caught the end of the game on the break room TV. I started walking out when he made the catch and heard them say it was under review. I thought "what the hell, I don't want to go back to work anyway" so I stuck around for a minute. I couldn't believe they reversed it. Happy, I was, but dumbfounded at the rule interpretation. But, Cousins made everything all right in overtime. :rulz:

That's 100% a touchdown. The NFL needs to simplify the convoluted TD rules to reflect common fucking sense.

That cocksucker Falcon should just hold onto the ball.

That's 100% a touchdown. The NFL needs to simplify the convoluted TD rules to reflect common fucking sense.

Who knew that changing the rule from "make a football move" to "establish yourself as a runner" wouldn't make things any fucking easier for referees to interpret? Why make the language less vague, let's let fallible humans do all the work.

Yeah, basically, because he was being tackled at the legs, he could not become a runner. Even though he clearly had the ball and made the "football move" to lunge over the goaline with both hands on the ball. Just dumb.

Vick is brutal. Is Landry that bad?

Back