• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many penalties did the Deacs have

That makes sense, but I'm glad he doesn't put up with a bunch of crap.

I am also. I never minded a feisty coach who asked pertinent questions. We were always taught to answer legitimate questions from coaches and ignore comments. And "silence cannot be misquoted". There is no way an official can get in trouble with silence where a coach or athlete wants to say some official said some off hand comment--like the Cam Newton--Ed Hochuli deal from a few weeks ago. There is no way a senior official with Hochuli's experience is going to tell Newton he wasn't old enough to get that call. Hochuli says he told him the difference is you were running. Still that had to be looked into and it was a "he said--he said" and it never looks good for an official.

Still though, I think our coach may want to pick his battles. Going on all game long will get tiresome and soon he won't be listened to when it might count. It happens in all sports where coaches cry wolf all game long. Just the way it is. Every call is not missed and credibility can be lost after a while.

Please post the replay. The only thing I saw was the ref bumping into him (yes on the field but not during a play) and throwing a flag. Also, by the way, after missing another blatant holding call.

Also flag or no flag, I like his passion. It was worth it either way.

Ferg, holding takes place all game long. Unless it is a take down, they are not going to call them. If you want to play big boy football, is that is the way it is because we are doing the same thing. Look at all D1 games. Holding in college football is like walking and palming in basketball. It could be called on every single play.

Going on all game long will get tiresome and soon he won't be listened to when it might count. It happens in all sports where coaches cry wolf all game long. Just the way it is.

Which is why the officials never listen to Kreyzewski.

Oh, wait ...

I would suspect that the reff was tired of hearing from Coach and that the officials had been instructed by the conference to calm this down. The reff walked into coaches arm thereby allowing him to call the penalty. I have had similar experience with 2 different ACC basketball officials, luckily I have been able to get out of there way before they contacted me allowing an action.

You also had some very choice words that got you ejected from the floor seats if I remember, did you not? :eek:

That was a different instance and there was not a curse word in what I said. Same reff overreacted in Duke game in Tournament and has not called a meaningful game since if he has called anything.

I would suspect that the reff was tired of hearing from Coach and that the officials had been instructed by the conference to calm this down. The reff walked into coaches arm thereby allowing him to call the penalty. I have had similar experience with 2 different ACC basketball officials, luckily I have been able to get out of there way before they contacted me allowing an action.

That was a different instance and there was not a curse word in what I said. Same reff overreacted in Duke game in Tournament and has not called a meaningful game since if he has called anything.

That is how he spells it

Important: what is your stance on radio presents?

Back