• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Thanksgiving dish

That's an unusual phobia. Is there a backstory to it?

Apparently wild turkeys can become quite aggressive with people, especially when there is a pack of them together, and I think they trapped her in her car in the driveway one time many years ago.

Apparently wild turkeys can become quite aggressive with people, especially when there is a pack of them together, and I think they trapped her in her car in the driveway one time many years ago.

So a Cujo scenario, but with birds.

Not doing family Thanksgiving this year. I am making my version of lemongrass chicken tomorrow and will have the leftovers Thursday. So at least I won't eat all that really heavy food this year. Thanks covid. But I am hoping that hams go on a good sale this next week so I can get a ham bone so I can make some proper red beans and rice. Ham bones leave ham hocks in the dust when it comes to making great red beans.

Doing a turkey breast (brined in Guinness, then wrapped in bacon and roasted on the Egg) and taking it to my in-laws for dinner. Wife just had knee surgery so m-i-l doing the rest of the cooking. She crushes it in the kitchen so the five of us (including m-i-l and f-i-l) will eat well.

that's a lot of guinness you're planning to pour out

The sacrifice is absolutely worth it. Think about a pan of Guinness-bacon-turkey drippings that becomes the base for gravy.

Tipsy sweets - basically mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows and bourbon. We're not going to see my folks this year - only the 2nd time ever I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving with them - and, as a result, we've bought, like, 90% of our dinner. But I'm going to take my best shot at making these.

Back