• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Thanksgiving dish

I am out this year for Thanksgiving cooking. It is the "in laws" year. Which means my wife and I get everything and cook everything. Everyone shows up an hour before the turkey hits the table and asks what needs to be done. This year, I am drinking wine and listening to tunes. When they decided to show up, they can figure it out. Or, we can go get chinese food.

Ingredients

8 ounces smoked trout, skin removed, diced
1 heaping teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
2 tablespoons capers (with some of the juice from the jar)
1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonaise
juice from ½ lemon
½ cup rye bread, chopped

Instructions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
For best flavor, allow the dip the sit for 20-30 minutes before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend.
Serve with crostini, crackers or celery.

Thank you. Looks awesome.

I am out this year for Thanksgiving cooking. It is the "in laws" year. Which means my wife and I get everything and cook everything. Everyone shows up an hour before the turkey hits the table and asks what needs to be done. This year, I am drinking wine and listening to tunes. When they decided to show up, they can figure it out. Or, we can go get chinese food.

blablabla-shut-up-and-go-back-to-the-kitchen-bitch-thumb.jpg

Ingredients

8 ounces smoked trout, skin removed, diced
1 heaping teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
2 tablespoons capers (with some of the juice from the jar)
1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonaise
juice from ½ lemon
½ cup rye bread, chopped

Instructions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
For best flavor, allow the dip the sit for 20-30 minutes before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend.
Serve with crostini, crackers or celery.

So making this. Mmm

We are having Thanksgiving with the in-laws and extended family in MS, which means we get lots of casseroles with cheese, mayonnaise, Campbell's Cream of ________ Soup, and a dash of overcooked vegetables in them.

Broccoli casserole or corn pudding.

Broccoli Casserole

1 (20oz) pkg. chopped broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs well beaten
1 med. onion chopped
1 cup grated sharp cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Cook broccoli like it says on the package.. drain.. Then mix broc. with other ingredients.. Save some cheese for the top.. Put in a casserole dish and top with rest of cheese.. Sprinkle bread crumbs or cracker crumbs on top(ritz or saltines can be used) Bake at 350
for 45 mins.. Serves about 10 people.. May not take 45 mins.. check it.. just needs to be hot all the way through.. may bubble a little..

oh god, this sounds good

my favorite is mashed potatoes + green bean casserole

also, unpopular opinion, but i prefer stove top to any homemade stuffing i've ever had (which probably just means i've only ever had shitty homemade stuffing)

Made stuffing yesterday because we are having thanksgiving with a different side of the family that makes more of a dressing. It was so good.

Made stuffing yesterday because we are having thanksgiving with a different side of the family that makes more of a dressing. It was so good.

I thought the main (only?) difference between stuffing and dressing was that stuffing was cooked inside the bird.

Back