• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Thanksgiving dish

cooking a turkey with stuffing is amateur hour

I thought the main (only?) difference between stuffing and dressing was that stuffing was cooked inside the bird.

Maybe I just think of them differently. Stuffing to me has a lot more seasoning and ingredients (celery, onions, sausage, herbs) and dressing is more just bread and broth/gravy.

Butter beans and sweet summer corn mixed together is my jam. Favorite though is turkey sandwiches on dinner rolls with mayo made the next day.

My sister and brother-in-law are hosting Thanksgiving this year and it looks like turkey will be breasts rolled with some seasoning or filling, cooked sous vide and then deep-fried. Sounds kind of awesome.

A super simple spinach cheese casserole that you can make ahead and freeze:

Ingredients:
2 10 oz packages of frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 ¾ cup Pepperidge farm stuffing
¼ cup butter
1 egg, beaten

Place spinach in a bowl. Add cheese, butter, egg & soup. Mix well. Toss in 1 cup of the stuffing. Place in a greased one quart casserole dish. Top with remaining stuffing & dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

My sister and brother in law are going to make me Thanksgiving dinner and I'm going to sit on the sofa. I'll probably stand up to help Cam signal a first down or dance after every touchdown against the Cowboys. :cam:

I only have one sister.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25545-1386186562-4.gif

My sister and brother in law are going to make me Thanksgiving dinner and I'm going to sit on the sofa. I'll probably stand up to help Cam signal a first down or dance after every touchdown against the Cowboys. :cam:

This made me laugh!

wait, do people look forward to mashed butternut squash or is it some sort of elaborate prank with a long con that i'm just not seeing

Dat campbells recipe greenbean casserole is my fav. Also cold turkey sandies (white meat) with stuffing and cranberry sauce

Looking forward to a heaping helping of Banquet's Giblet Gravy and Sliced Turkey. Such an awesome commercial!

My favorite food are the turkey sandwiches later that night and the next day. Good bread, lots of turkey, Swiss, mayo, cranberry sauce. Side of stuffing. Oh shit.
This is the first time I learned that the flavor in a sandwich can be completely different based on which side is up or down. And instead of mayo and cranberry sauce, use dijon mustard and raspberry jam.

3 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp. soft butter or margarine.

In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, eggs, 1/4 cup butter, vanilla and milk. Place in a greased baking dish. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and remaining butter. Top casserole with crumbled mix. Bake at 350 for 36 minutes. If chilled, 45 minutes.

Made this yesterday (sans nuts) and it was fantastic.

Had leftover dark meat turkey tonight in a tomato-based stew with browned onions, garlic, cumin, and raisins. Served over jasmine rice. Yum

Back