• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dead & Company

Buttermaker

Reaction score
Anyone been to one of the shows? I watched the stream at MSG Saturday and thought it was great. Mayer fits in very well and is an outstanding guitar player. They are at Greensboro Coliseum Sat night.

https://archive.org/details/dea2015-11-06

That's the Verizon Center show. Brown Eyed Women is easily one of my favorite songs from the dead catalog. While this is in no way close to the best version it sounds really good. I'm not a Mayer fan by any means but he actually adds a nice dynamic to the group for this tour.

I was at that Verizon show on Friday and thought it was the best post-GD show I've ever seen (note: I never saw the actual Grateful Dead, but have listened to tons of shows). I've seen Phil (but never saw The Q), Further, and The Dead, and thought this blew them away. Got the hook-up on a ticket, saw a woman give a homeless dude her extra, he wanted $20 for it, turned out it had a $99 face, was about 4 rows behind the stage but had a great view, especially during drums. Mayer's voice isn't the best for this music (but is better than Phil's for sure), but he does a helluva job imitating Jerry on guitar. Still would've preferred Mayer to sing some of the Jerry songs that Bob did like Fire on the Mountain.

Definitely go.

Just got tickets for the Charlotte show this summer!

Is anybody going to the Charlotte show tomorrow?

I was supposed to go but had something come up. Ugh. Yall enjoy.

It was a hell of a night to say the least.

First set:

The Music Never Stopped , Cold Rain and Snow , Friend of the Devil , They Loved Each Other , Liberty , Cassidy , Promised Land

Cassidy timed out at 18:29

Set 2:

Eyes of the World > Deal >Estimated Prophet > Drums > Space > Feel Like a Stranger > Black Peter > Turn on Your Lovelight

They started off set two with a 25 min eyes of the world. Drums > Space was a solid 20 min.

They ran past the curfew and had no encore, granted they took a crazy long intermission.

Here is a link to the show:

https://archive.org/details/deadandco2016-06-10.flac24

Going to Folsom tonight. Set was rad last night. Bummed I sold my tickets. Should have gone to both shows.

Last edited:
393fd9b8acc9714a62387be63fc2b3d5.jpg

Going on tour tomorrow! First stop is Clarkston, Michigan on Thursday night. then the two weekend shows at Alpine Valley. So stoked, and John Mayer is playing his ass off! How about Oteil Burbridge, huh?

Going on tour tomorrow! First stop is Clarkston, Michigan on Thursday night. then the two weekend shows at Alpine Valley. So stoked, and John Mayer is playing his ass off! How about Oteil Burbridge, huh?

Unreal to see Oteil killing it

Back