• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SAY YES GUILFORD

Say Yes is so freaking awesome. Here are the things I like best:
Send your kid to private school? No moneis for you.
Send your kid to charter schools? No monies for you.
Monies for me, and all I have to do is keep living where I am going to live anyhow and not send my kid to a school full of pricks.

BWELLS21,

For your three kids still going through the system, you do know about the free air fare for the student and one adult for a trip in each of their Jr. and Sr. Years?

From my understanding, they have to attend a college outside of NC to apply to families.

They're talking about expanding to Charter Schools, which I don't like.

Discussed this with a work friend who lives in Guilford - 100% tuition for his kid(s). Wow.

And students don't perform any better than in public schools when accounting for demographics.

Say Yes is so freaking awesome. Here are the things I like best:
Send your kid to private school? No moneis for you.
Send your kid to charter schools? No monies for you.
Monies for me, and all I have to do is keep living where I am going to live anyhow and not send my kid to a school full of pricks.

And...kids get into awesome magnet program....still get the monies.

My kid won the lottery for arts based middle school.

We went to a regular school for elementary. We won the magnet lottery, but decided for the local school.

Sent from my Motorola Startac using Tapatalk

This program is fucked.

Families making more than 100k/yr are now ineligible for the program.

http://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...cle_0e7df471-4278-5bca-ad0e-9ab80e5c55e2.html

The sellers market in Guilford Co. Real Estate is going to take a big hit.

yep. talk about overpromising and underdelivering. i forgot we even had a thread on it.

don't know that it's going to impact the real estate market. I don't think the prior overpromises by Say Yes ever got priced in, so i doubt there will be any measurable adjustment.

Keep in mind the median household income in Guilford Co is around $45K. Seems like necessary moves to at least help the less fortunate.

Last edited:
The worst part is that they will be taking away money from those who got it in 2016

They are going to cover 2016, but people made decisions based on that money being there for their college 4 years. I don't know what dream world they were in budgeting 1 million for 1st year scholarships. You make promises to give out free money and it will effect decision making.

I wonder how many people bought homes in Guilford Co in recent years because of this.

And I'm also hearing 2016 recipients will see their amounts cut.

So this actually turned out to be Scott's Tots

It's going to take time to get something this ambitious right. Be patient.

Back