• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SAY YES GUILFORD

I'm going to keep my mouth shut before I turn the Pit into the political forum. But this is what you get, when people follow the Pied Piper without asking questions.

Stupid is as stupid does.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Greensboro is a shithole.

So if you make $98,000 a year you can send five kids to college for free, but if you make $101,000 you don't get shit ?

So if you make $98,000 a year you can send five kids to college for free, but if you make $101,000 you don't get shit ?

No.

http://www.greensboro.com/news/local_news/say-yes-guilford-scholarship-board-tightens-eligibility-requirements-for-scholarships/article_0e7df471-4278-5bca-ad0e-9ab80e5c55e2.html

Beyond that, the new rules begin to tighten both the total cap of how much a family could receive and the number of years a student must have lived in the district. Eligible students with an annual family income of $40,001-$75,000, must have been enrolled since sixth grade and can receive up to $4,500 in tuition assistance, after financial aid. For the $75,001 to $100,000 bracket, they must have been enrolled since fourth grade and can receive up to $2,250 in tuition assistance, after financial aid.

Only the under $40,000 family still gets full tuition level support.

Yeah your options are get no help or get help but already be screwed because you don't make enough money to be living comfortably with kids.

Yeah your options are get no help or get help but already be screwed because you don't make enough money to be living comfortably with kids.

And doubly screwed because you live in Guilford County. And what's the point of this program anyway ? Anyone with a college education and a lick of sense is going to get the hell out of Greensboro as fast as possible. Maybe they're counting on remittances expanding the economic base.

Back