• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PC proliferation on college campuses (formerly UNC students...)

UNC students interrupt race meeting with demands

There are so many things on that list and not enough time to fully mock them all. Somehow students have decided that they need an equal stake in running a university without knowing the first fucking thing about it. My favorite is the open access to all library's, classes, gyms, etc... To any resident of North Carolina. If you thought your campus gym was crowded before wait till you add a few million more to it.

Also demand 40C is really racist for a group opposed to it.

Last edited:
A lot of these demands are dumb. A lot of demand BLM protestors make are dumb.

That being said I tend to cut them some slack. They are justifiably protesting against a flawed system - there's no reason to hold them to the standard of perfection when they have a decent point

Honestly I'm happy to see anyone protesting the new UNC chancellor, she is horrible

Is it the chancellor that is horrible or the system president? Or both?

Hmmmm...no tuition, no fees, free food, free parking, free gym,$25/HR wages for all employees, no university contracts with companies, no campus police. Interesting.

#42 is also pretty solid. Seems legit.

#47 isn't much better. #whitelinemenmatter

I'm ok with just dismantling the UNC "AIC."

#13 is priceless. "We demand that the UNC Management Company and the Board of Trustees should begin researching and carrying out an immediate divestment from: a. private jails, prisons, and detention centers, b. Israeli Apartheid, and c. Coal."

What living fuck does any of that even mean in terms of "divestment from"? They aren't supposed to support sending people to jail? The University doesn't control/influence where the criminal justice system sends convicts. And what the hell does coal have to do with any of this - it's black?

This whole recent racial protest movement is like a conga line at a wedding - people just keep jumping on board but the drunk guy at the front has absolutely no idea where he is leading everyone.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you want to do something noble like protesting, but life is so good that you cannot find any legit grievances.

If universities are hot beds for sexism and racism, then it may be best to never go outside. The risk is just too high.

That's what happens when you want to do something noble like protesting, but life is so good that you cannot find any legit grievances.

If universities are hot beds for sexism and racism, then it may be best to never go outside. The risk is just too high.

They don't know that. They are young and think that they are going to change the world. The whole list and feel of the protest is similar to the Black Panthers - whom I knew somewhat in WS back in the day - but there is no violent talk or free breakfasts for little kids.

Free daycare and after school care for all student, staff and faculty including transportation? Imma move to Raleigh

The worst part of this is that it takes value away from the legitimate cases of racism, sexism, etc. No one takes this shit seriously and it will undoubtedly get lumped into all racial protests. Do these kids not understand that it's hurting the overall cause when they make incredibly stupid demands like that?

Back