• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

Doubling down?

When the Dems regurgitate "Black lives matter; not all lives matter" (I swear I think I've heard that before from Dem candidates...) and police get ambushed and killed in cold blood six days later, I'm guessing you will re-discover your affinity for reason. When that happens, I'm sure you'll see the problem, right?
Are you serious? The phrase and message "black lives matter" has nothing to do with violence against police officers - it doesnt mention it. You're comparing the random mentioning of a phrase by a politician (?) to weeks and months of national conservatives brainwashing the masses into believing that PP was selling baby parts, and Carly Fiorina, multiple times on live television describing a video where a live baby is disected.

Black Lives Matter is a truth, and PP selling baby parts is a lie.

I've been out of the news loop for a few days--can someone help me understand why people on this board think that this guy was upset about the putative *sale* of dismembered fetal parts as opposed to being upset at their *existence*?

Also, why are people on here claiming he was motivated by Christianity? I haven't seen that reported.

I've been out of the news loop for a few days--can someone help me understand why people on this board think that this guy was upset about the putative *sale* of dismembered fetal parts as opposed to being upset at their *existence*?

Also, why are people on here claiming he was motivated by Christianity? I haven't seen that reported.

Well he was a Christian. If he was a Muslim would people be debating whether he was motivated by Islam instead of something else?

i've yet to understand why y'all still get wrapped up arguing with jh and junebug

they have no interest in anything other than #lawyering and #trolling

The fact that this guy traveled from the NC mountains to attack the PP connected with the videos should suggest to any reasonable person that the media's discussion of said videos probably contributed to the incident. However, it's impossible to say how much it contributed or whether this guy would have committed a similar act of terrorism at a different venue on a different date if the videos had been responsibly reported on.

He's almost certainly upset over both. Given the timing and location of the attack, however, it's reasonable to conclude that the allegations of PP selling baby parts factored somewhat into his motivations.

That's incredibly frustrating for two reasons:

1. PP doesn't sell baby parts
2. Even if it did, it shouldn't result in much extra outrage.

It's illogical for someone to go from thinking "PP is killing millions of babies, that's horrible but I'm going to just keep living my life without really doing anything about it" to thinking "Holy shit, now that PP is selling baby parts I must act to stop this atrocity."

The fact that millions of people who claim to believe that life begins at conception aren't roused to action by either one demonstrates the disingenuity of the entire "pro-life" movement.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ctim-kearre-stewart-tried-save-others-n471126

However, Chandler said he forgave the gunman who killed his brother.

"I don't have any resentment or anything — I forgive him," he said. "It's a hard pill to swallow because he took my only brother from me. That's the only brother that I had, that I grew up with. He took that away from me and it's hard but I forgive him. Jesus forgave me, so I have to forgive him."

Chandler added: "My anger is not toward him, toward the gunmen … my anger is toward the laws that allow things like this to happen: the gun laws. When you allow people to carry firearms at their own will it makes a breeding ground for destruction and tragedy."

Again, you're trying to paint a broad nationwide movement with the actions of a few non-prominent individuals. I'm sure there are many Republicans around this country who have said much worse than Carly Fiorina about Planned Parenthood - I see some of it on my Facebook every day - but I'm not trying to use them as an example of the message of the Republican party. I'm using the message of their leaders.

When you find me a national politician calling for dead cops then you can use that line. Until then it's meaningless

I'll just leave these here...

Guy said when he surrendered to police "no more baby parts"

So Republicans, this one is on you

You're really splitting hairs here. Either way God commanded people to kill non-believers because they are non-believers.

Plus the Koran was written in a time where it was a single Muslim "nation" pretty similar to the nation of Israel so it seems like it's pretty close to the same thing

If you'd like to read more about the police officers who were killed in cold blood six days after the BLM march shouted for killing cops (which is very much on video for you to choose to see), I suggest you click here, where you can read the attacker's motivations in his own words.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that link.

Bratton said investigators have no reason to believe Brinsley has any connection to terrorist groups.

“We’re not seeing a connectivity to any organized entity at this time,” he noted.

He's almost certainly upset over both. Given the timing and location of the attack, however, it's reasonable to conclude that the allegations of PP selling baby parts factored somewhat into his motivations.

The fact that millions of people who claim to believe that life begins at conception aren't roused to action by either one demonstrates the disingenuity of the entire "pro-life" movement.

Wait, are you saying that since more pro-life people don't shoot up PP, they are not sincere?

I am pro choice but that is some crazy logic.

I'll just leave these here...

That's a complete non-sequitur. They are the opposites of each other. You can't attribute the message of a few non-prominent individuals to the national party. But you can attribute the message of the national party to individuals who parrot their talking points. And this guy clearly bought into the Republican messaging that Planned Parenthood had to be stopped from selling baby parts

Wait, are you saying that since more pro-life people don't shoot up PP, they are not sincere?

I am pro choice but that is some crazy logic.

Of course not.

I do think that if there were facilities around the country legally slaughtering two-year-olds there would be widespread protests. People would interrupt their day-to-day lives in order to achieve a political end to such a slaughter. Furthermore they would support any policy which worked towards preventing the slaughter. Such a movement would be at a minimum on the scale of the civil rights movement in the 1960's.

The fact that there is no such widespread protest movement and the fact that many "pro-life" individuals continually oppose policies that would vastly reduce the number of abortions (i.e. comprehensive sex education and birth control) suggests that most people can recognize at least some difference between a fetus and a two-year-old child.

Of course not.

I do think that if there were facilities around the country legally slaughtering two-year-olds there would be widespread protests. People would interrupt their day-to-day lives in order to achieve a political end to such a slaughter. Furthermore they would support any policy which worked towards preventing the slaughter. Such a movement would be at a minimum on the scale of the civil rights movement in the 1960's.

The fact that there is no such widespread protest movement and the fact that many "pro-life" individuals continually oppose policies that would vastly reduce the number of abortions (i.e. comprehensive sex education and birth control) suggests that most people can recognize at least some difference between a fetus and a two-year-old child.

There can be no "political end" to a constitutional right, at least not one that is achieved by marches, etc.

That's a complete non-sequitur. They are the opposites of each other. You can't attribute the message of a few non-prominent individuals to the national party. But you can attribute the message of the national party to individuals who parrot their talking points. And this guy clearly bought into the Republican messaging that Planned Parenthood had to be stopped from selling baby parts

You equated the acts of a lone gunman with the half of the country that disagrees with you politically. It's as if you think there is no space between "disagreeing with you on the issue of abortion" and "shooting people", and that the two must be inextricably linked. Just stay #undefeated, bro.

"Cruz campaign spokesman Rick Tyler clarified of the candidate's remarks, "He was making the point that there isn’t enough information. You can’t expect a full response to a story that’s developing. The point was there’s a lot of raw information going around that’s not confirmed.

The campaign also explained that Cruz received his information from "The Right Scoop," which similarly used the voter registration form to ask, "WAS THE COLORADO SHOOTER A TRANSGENDER PERSON?!?!"

This is a Presidential candidate folks. Not an anonymous internet poster. Say something crazy, get applause, get called on it, walk in back saying there's just not enough info yet, but I'm just saying....It's a circle of people trying to out crazy each other for PR and saying whatever they want, true or not. Cruz said it in a fairly demonstrative full response, yet a lot of the raw information isn't in yet, so we can't say anything definitively....there isn't enough information out there was his point? He fucking said it.....ugh

Last edited:
Back