• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

Right, but that discomfort has nothing to do with condom distributions effects on the number of abortions. Even if we isolate this discussion to handing out condoms (the large majority of #pro-lifers would not) it's still pretty stupid to claim that handing out condoms wouldn't decrease the number of abortions (even if it might facilitate more teens having sex).

Thus older Christians who oppose handing out condoms are choosing their own comfort over preventing abortions. How convenient

Except you said it may increase sex, so would it actually reduce abortions?

Yes.

I'm assuming that those who were induced to have sex because of condoms being handed out would for the most part use those condoms. Of course condoms fail so there would be a small increase in the number of pregnancies attributed to these newly sexually active people. However, distributing condoms would also lead to a large increase in safe-sex among the already sexually active population. The pregnancies prevented by this increase in safe-sex would far outweigh the pregnancies caused.

See post #232

Last edited:
Reactions: ONW

Are you arguing that contraception would increase the number of pregnancies?

Providing contraception to teens is tacit approval for them to have sex out of wedlock, which is unbiblical.

Just as allowing gay marriage is tacit approval of homosexuality, also unbiblical

No. It just suggest that they do not like either. You can chose to honestly understand your opponents position and disagree with them or you can chose to caricature them. It doesn't help the conversation, but it can be fun.

Wow...this absolutely NAILS jmhd. Nice post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLDnzzNsdMU

Jake Taffer's Interview with Trump adviser Michael Cohen is a must see. The guy is delusional, and the host barely keeps it together.

"I've never come across something that Mr. Trump says that is inaccurate."

"Seriously?"

LOL

Your post quoted me. Not somebody else. If you misused the quote feature then that would help clear up my confusion.

198d4m.jpg

Here's your Pubs for you since you're so hung up about this.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...twitter-to-praise-planned-parenthood-shooter/

Providing contraception to teens is tacit approval for them to have sex out of wedlock, which is unbiblical.

Put the bible aside. And put aside the question of whether condom distribution encourages teens to have sex. In the abstract, is it good or bad policy to encourage teens to have sex?

Put the bible aside. And put aside the question of whether condom distribution encourages teens to have sex. In the abstract, is it good or bad policy to encourage teens to have sex?

I'm not sure it's a good or a bad policy, so long as we properly educate them about sex and its consequences

Why belabor the point with a rhetorical question? Can we not just admit that there is a large segment of human beings who are most concerned with religious adherance, even to the detriment of society? Some of us refer to that mindset as "stupidity", some refer to it as "obstinance".

Last edited:
Black Lives Matter is a truth, and PP selling baby parts is a lie.

I almost missed how precious this was first time through the thread.

So...we are not to believe our lying eyes and ears on what we see on the PP videos (which break the MM "videos speak for themselves" maxim).

But as to "Hands up, Don't Shoot!", MDMH is this guy:

Why belabor the point with a rhetorical question? Can we not just admit that there is a large segment of human beings who are most concerned with religious adherance, even to the detriment of society?

I didn't think this was in dispute. But couldn't it be the case that people with religious motives might stumble upon the right policy every once in a while?

Back