• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

ways to incentivize teenagers to not have sex and do other things than teenagers do and have always done are......

I didn't think this was in dispute. But couldn't it be the case that people with religious motives might stumble upon the right policy every once in a while?

Possible. Not probable.

Religion is led by faith which relies primarily on believing something is there that you cannot see, touch, measure, hear, smell, or taste. So, no, I don't think that motives based on faith are a very smart way to determining public policy.

Put the bible aside. And put aside the question of whether condom distribution encourages teens to have sex. In the abstract, is it good or bad policy to encourage teens to have sex?

It's good exercise and harmless if practiced safely. It also might result in fewer teens growing up with the idea that they have the right to judge others for their sexual choices. So in the abstract it's good policy.

Rchildress would be proud.

This is on you, Rchildress.

Id certainly rather people be non-violent than logically consistent. I haven't ever suggested otherwise.

It's kind of like how now #pro-lifers would rather keep a few teenagers from having sex than lower the number of abortions in this country, but the opposite.

It's good exercise and harmless if practiced safely. It also might result in fewer teens growing up with the idea that they have the right to judge others for their sexual choices. So in the abstract it's good policy.

I'll remember this the next time you call someone "stupid."

I don't think distributing condoms will affect much. Hormones are powerful things. Teenagers are gonna bang. And no one likes condoms.

I had a girlfriend in high school who fucked me every day. Blowjobs too. We used rubbers then her mom put her on the pill. It was really awesome. You could have offered me $1000 a week to not fuck her and I wouldn't have taken it.

I don't think distributing condoms will affect much. Hormones are powerful things. Teenagers are gonna bang. And no one likes condoms.

Which do you think is more effective in preventing teen pregnancies: free condoms and sex ed or abstinence-only education?

Which do you think is more effective in preventing teen pregnancies: free condoms and sex ed or abstinence-only education?

Abstinence only education is a joke. I don't know what the solution is. As long as there are raging hormones, people are gonna bang. And condoms are awful. For me it was more of a home environment. I knew not to get a girl pregs in high school because I knew my mom and dad would have made Hiroshima look like a firecracker. I can afford a kid now and part of me would still be scared to tell them.

ways to incentivize teenagers to not have sex and do other things than teenagers do and have always done are......

tell them there is a lake of fire that they will live out eternity in for their sins unless they believe that Jesus died for them then although they sinned they are saved from it but they have to proselytize or they really don't believe it and therefore are back into the lake of fire so they'd better get it right so just don't sin in the first place?

A high school buddy of mine is essentially a liberal college educated redneck which leads to some interesting Facebook conversations between him and his friends. He posted this:

12313508_530216920471989_2644971873478099355_n.jpg

Here are some of the responses:

J - "More than 56,000,000 abortions in America since Roe vs Wade in 1973."

T - "Exactly right J. It's hard playing the victim card when you have the blood of 56 million innocent lives on your hands. That is like Mao, Pol Pot, or Hitler crying foul because history isn't kind to them"

Later...

T - "Let's just all go to our safe space, and consciously ignore reality. It's interesting to realize that according to some, I have to be in agreement with PP being victims in order to be compassionate. Lol"

My friend - "this is still domestic terrorism. just because you may agree with the terrorists motives, doesn't mean you should condone the behavior?"

T - "I haven't heard of many that condone it. A few I suppose, and it's their prerogative to feel that way if they choose. What I have heard is a lot of people who find the hypocrisy of PP's cry of victimhood humorous. And for the record the article about Christian's or right wingers being the greatest domestic terrorism threat that was shared the other day was an loaded opinion not based upon fact whatsoever. The reality is, according to FBI stats, that the vast majority of domestic terrorism in this nation in the past 4 or 5 decades was carried out by those of the politically motivated left-wing, not right-wingers, or religious nuts. So why aid in the misinformation by sharing an untruth? Was it simply lack of knowledge, or willful ignorance?"

Of course, my buddy provides several links that show he's wrong and T hasn't produced any evidence yet.

It doesn't matter if teenagers having sex is good or bad policy because it will happen no matter what we do as a society. So we should treat it as the inevitable occurrence that it is and educate on safe sex. Telling teens not to have sex isn't going to make teens not have sex. In fact states where there are abstinence-only policies have higher teen pregnancy rates than states without those policies. May be merely correlation due to the number of confounding factors but still is an interesting stat to see.

Religious adherants refuse to acknowledge reality, that these "sins" are inevitable, especially for teens of the lowest socioeconomic segments - acknowledging that reality is tacit approval, because all of us Godless liberals hold poor ethics to lower standards because we're racists trying to keep them in a cycle of government dependency.

I do my Republican best to prevent urban teen pregnancy by grabbing every urban teen I meet by the shoulders, looking them straight in the eye and telling them "I love you, Jesus loves you, and America loves you. I am a white man, and I believe you are capable of abstaining from sex and graduating from school."

no no no, youve got incentivize it! Everything in this life is carrot and stick.
Is 12 years of socialized education and participation in the worlds greatest economy not incentive enough?

Religious adherants refuse to acknowledge reality, that these "sins" are inevitable, especially for teens of the lowest socioeconomic segments - acknowledging that reality is tacit approval, because all of us Godless liberals hold poor ethics to lower standards because we're racists trying to keep them in a cycle of government dependency.

Why would say that it is inevitable for low socioeconomic segments of society? Does being poor mean one is unable to exercise control of oneself? Don't understand.

Back