• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

Wait. Teenage sex is a mistake? His words were that these 'sins' were inevitable for everyone ESPECIALLY those with low economic standing. He didn't say teenage pregnancy. He said sex is ESPECIALLY inevitable for poor people. I asked why. No one seems to be able to give me an answer.

I didn't ask if this phenomenon occurs. I asked him why does it occur.
#Den City, population: you

I was quite obviously being facetious by using the term 'sins', as a reference to the religious dipshits railing against sex ed. and condom availability. Sex can be a mistake at any age, depending upon the circumstances, and teens having low impulse control need more external influence to help control their impulsiveness.
So as your repeated question (which is probably rhetorical)- Why do teens have sex? Because sex is awesome.

Why do poorer (and correlationally blacker) teens have more sex? Because they have less external influences influencing them not to.

Why do poorer teens have more unprotected sex and preganacies? Less external influence, lower education, and less availability of prophylactics.

Why do poorer teens have more unprotected sex and preganacies? Less external influence, lower education, and less availability of prophylactics.

Those are pretty weak excuses. You don't need a specific education level or much influence to know that if you have sex, a baby may result. That is kind of one of the basic themes of, I don't know, earth. And condoms are less available in poor areas? Gas stations don't sell them? Family Dollar doesn't sell them? The corner QuickyMart doesn't sell them? WalMart doesn't sell them? How many condoms can you get for the price of a Whopper? Monthly cell phone bill? Beats By Dre headphones? That's a lot of relatively pregnancy-free fucking.

Those are pretty weak excuses. You don't need a specific education level or much influence to know that if you have sex, a baby may result. That is kind of one of the basic themes of, I don't know, earth. And condoms are less available in poor areas? Gas stations don't sell them? Family Dollar doesn't sell them? The corner QuickyMart doesn't sell them? WalMart doesn't sell them? How many condoms can you get for the price of a Whopper? Monthly cell phone bill? Beats By Dre headphones? That's a lot of relatively pregnancy-free fucking.
Fortunately I don't need you verify the truth of what i've said, because I just talked with two people here in Winston who fit the exact criteria we're talking about, and they both told me that in the case of the babies they had as teens ( at Parkland highschool ), they would have used condoms if they had them.

I'm sure both people would love to shrug their shoulders at you if you want to come and criticize their "weak excuses", I suppose you'd get some satisfaction from that.

So why didn't they go get some before they fucked? Did they expect them to drop out of the sky? How did they get their food, water, clothing, and other basic necessities - did those items magically appear for them, or are condoms the only thing they were expecting the Boogie Bag Fairy to bring that day? Seems like piss-poor planning on their part.

Oh no! 16 & 17 year olds are "piss poor planners"!? News breaking as we speak!

So why didn't they go get some before they fucked? Did they expect them to drop out of the sky? How did they get their food, water, clothing, and other basic necessities - did those items magically appear for them, or are condoms the only thing they were expecting the Boogie Bag Fairy to bring that day? Seems like piss-poor planning on their part.

You're talking about teens. They get necessities from their parents.

I think teens from across all socioeconomic classes are fucking and making the mistakes at probably the same levels. Its just that the negative consequences are more glaring in the poorer communities. And we have deep pockets of poverty in this fucked up shitty trickle-down disaster, so it is even more exacerbated. If wealth were more evenly distributed and there weren't large swaths of the population teetering on the edge of economic ruin at every turn, there would be a little bit larger margin for error. As has been pointed out in the past by our resident expert on the poor Mr Jhmd, the poor have relatively no room for even the slightest mistake. So when they err, it is government (taxpayer) money that pays for it and the usual suspects jump up and down and stomp their feet about personal responsibility.

I think teens from across all socioeconomic classes are fucking and making the mistakes at probably the same levels. Its just that the negative consequences are more glaring in the poorer communities.
That may be true, but that data is not born out in self report studies. This is a study done by the NIH on associated embarrassment of teen pregnancy, regarding the fluidity of social norms across cultures (results start on page 85) -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3172313/
FIGURE 1

Percentage of Respondents Reporting Embarrassment at the Prospect of a Teenage Pregnancy by Demographic Group.

White boys and girls and teens living in predominantly white neighborhoods were significantly more likely, and African American and Latino respondents and those living in predominantly African American or Latino neighborhoods were less likely, to report embarrassment than others (p < .05, but not significant for Latina girls). Figure 1 shows that at the extremes, 69 percent of white girls reported embarrassment at the prospect of a teenage pregnancy compared with 34 percent of African American boys. Forty-six percent of respondents from low-SES neighborhoods and 48 percent of respondents with household incomes below the poverty line reported embarrassment compared with 74 percent of those living in high-SES neighborhoods and 72 percent of those with incomes at 301 to 400 percent of the poverty line. As expected, racial/ethnic and socioeconomic privilege at the individual and neighborhood levels was positively associated with embarrassment at the prospect of a teenage pregnancy.9

family planning is nice and important and everything until you're bristol palin and whoops sex is fun sorry mom hope this doesn't make you look bad good thing we have lots of money now from you telling people not to do exactly what i did

That may be true, but that data is not born out in self report studies. This is a study done by the NIH on associated embarrassment of teen pregnancy, regarding the fluidity of social norms across cultures (results start on page 85) -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3172313/
FIGURE 1

Percentage of Respondents Reporting Embarrassment at the Prospect of a Teenage Pregnancy by Demographic Group.

White boys and girls and teens living in predominantly white neighborhoods were significantly more likely, and African American and Latino respondents and those living in predominantly African American or Latino neighborhoods were less likely, to report embarrassment than others (p < .05, but not significant for Latina girls). Figure 1 shows that at the extremes, 69 percent of white girls reported embarrassment at the prospect of a teenage pregnancy compared with 34 percent of African American boys. Forty-six percent of respondents from low-SES neighborhoods and 48 percent of respondents with household incomes below the poverty line reported embarrassment compared with 74 percent of those living in high-SES neighborhoods and 72 percent of those with incomes at 301 to 400 percent of the poverty line. As expected, racial/ethnic and socioeconomic privilege at the individual and neighborhood levels was positively associated with embarrassment at the prospect of a teenage pregnancy.9

You're proving my point with that study. It isn't about education or availability of birth control, it is about cultural acceptance/tolerance/encouragement.

You're proving my point with that study. It isn't about education or availability of birth control, it is about cultural acceptance/tolerance/encouragement.

Can we all a least agree that this qualifies as stupid?

Getting in your car and driving to CVS to pick up a box of condoms (which you may or may not have been taught how to use properly) may seem like a minor inconvenience and expense to you.

But if your family barely has enough money to eat and pay the bills that box of condoms and the time it takes to get them becomes prohibitively expensive.

It's almost as if you don't believe poor people are actually poor.

What the hell did you think I meant by "external influence"? If there are multiple variables in this scenario, the CONDOM is quite obviously the easiest to change, with the 2nd easiest being the the sex education that just planning to pull out is very very often ineffective.

Why do poorer (and correlationally blacker) teens have more sex? Because they have less external influences influencing them not to.

So basically lack of parental involvement. Pretty much what jhmd has said all along. Interesting revelation. Never knew you two would come to the same conclusion.

Fuck this, i'm not getting dragged into another idiotic debate about personal responsibility. Goddamn conservative trolls.

I am not debating. I asked you a question. You answered with lack of external oversight / aka parental involvement. You said it. I agree with you. Children that grow up outside the bounds of 2 parent households are more likely to make rash, poor decisions based emotion or hormone.

Since we will always have broken homes and since the current cultural theme seems to be that there is no preferred way to raise a family, my suggestion would be to change the narrative on sex from:

It's great! As soon as you grow hair on balls go screw something! Just wear a condom.

To

Sex is best enjoyed in monogamous life long relationships.

Incidentally this would also take care of 90% of AIDS contraction immediately as current victims of AIDS would only be able to pass it to one partner if they remained monogamous. Would pretty much crush AIDS at the source of transfer for 9/10 cases.

Would also put a serious dent in the massive problems that poor teenage pregnant mothers experience and the weight that creates on society in general.

But that is VERY unacceptable to say. Curbing our sexual appetite/freedom is pretty much the apocalypse for secular society.

Last edited:
Back