• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

So basically lack of parental involvement. Pretty much what jhmd has said all along. Interesting revelation. Never knew you two would come to the same conclusion.

Tell me when the government decides to start handing out educated middle and upper class parents to children and euthanizing the remaining adults, until then you and jhmd should shut the fuck up about these topics if that's all you have to input.

Fuck this, i'm not getting dragged into another idiotic debate about personal responsibility. Goddamn conservative trolls.

Respectability politics should play GREAT in future election cycles. I personally hope it continues to be the best the GOP can do.

Tell me when the government decides to start handing out educated middle and upper class parents to children and euthanizing the remaining adults, until then you and jhmd should shut the fuck up about these topics if that's all you have to input.

I merely repeated what you said back to you. Sorry if the mirror stings. The issue with poor sex decisions is at its root parental not education and access to contraceptives. When you are 13 your body tells you to have sex. It takes an adult to wisely advise you to consider another path.

If only there were a place we could have kids go and learn about safe sex and how to use condoms. We could call it health class and provide it in something called schools that are publicly funded. It's almost like this could reach people who weren't getting the full value of the healthy two parent household at home.

I applaud Michelle Obamas efforts to promote healthy eating and lifestyles. I think a great program would be for a world leader like herself to also promote sexual conservatism. In the end, our entire culture needs to change. From the rich to the poor, black to white. We have been sold a lie about sex and are too foolish and hormone driven to see it. We will continue to have this problem until we decide as a society that the freedom of sex does not mean it is wise to be loose with our sex.

Last edited:
now that we're doing away with no child left behind i think we have a big opportunity in this country to overhaul education

and that starts with sex ed

instead of some 90 year old hag who hasn't had sex in 4 decades showing kids a slide show from the cold war era and kids giggling about penises you need to get young teachers, the youngest ones in the school to sit down and be perfectly frank with kids

"look kids, sex is awesome. and i know you've heard that sex with condoms is less awesome. but to be honest, it's not nearly as bad as having a fucking baby. so wear a condom, use birth control, and fuck on."

drop mic, go back to algebra

If only there were a place we could have kids go and learn about safe sex and how to use condoms. We could call it health class and provide it in something called schools that are publicly funded. It's almost like this could reach people who weren't getting the full value of the healthy two parent household at home.

We have that. I took the class. It will never replace parental authority because your home room teacher doesn't wait up for you to come home at night.

Just to be clear. I am for all reasonable sex education in the school. But merely stating that is insufficient without parental involvement.

I applaud Michelle Obamas efforts to promote healthy eat my and lifestyles. I think a great program would be for a world leader like herself to also promote sexual conservatism. In the end, our entire culture needs to change. From the rich to the poor, black to white. We have been sold a lie about sex and are too foolish and hormone driven to see it. We will continue to have this problem until we decide as a society that the freedom of sex does not mean it is wise to be loose with our sex.

Sex is healthy and completely normal to engage in. Teaching people how to have safe sex is a far more productive use of time than moving the scale back to the 1940's and making it taboo. The culture of secrecy surrounding sex and "wait until you're married" lines IMO are far far more damaging than telling high school students to use condoms. Quite frankly I don't know how a serious argument can be made otherwise.

We have that. I took the class. It will never replace parental authority because your home room teacher doesn't wait up for you to come home at night.

Just to be clear. I am for all reasonable sex education in the school. But merely stating that is insufficient without parental involvement.

"We" do NOT have that in all states whatsoever. Hell one of the two major parties in this country has most of their leaders saying that abstinence only education should be what's taught. there are plenty of places where you're not even allowed to teach anything other than abstinence in health class

You can't see how promoting lifetime monogamous sexual relations would be healthy for a society? Really? I don't see how you could not see the benefits.

How's this: destroy AIDS, destroy teenage pregnancy.

Those are too good starts if everyone practiced monogamous lifetime commitments. If you can find something that destroys the worlds most deadly virus and prevents throwing millions of women into poverty in their teenage years I would like to see it.

"We" do NOT have that in all states whatsoever. Hell one of the two major parties in this country has most of their leaders saying that abstinence only education should be what's taught. there are plenty of places where you're not even allowed to teach anything other than abstinence in health class

I was taught it in South Carolina 20 years ago. Figured it was everywhere.

Which states don't have sex Ed?

Last edited:
You can't see how promoting lifetime monogamous sexual relations would be healthy for a society? Really? I don't see how you could not see the benefits.

How's this: destroy AIDS, destroy teenage pregnancy.

Those are too good starts if everyone practiced monogamous lifetime commitments. If you can find something that destroys the worlds most deadly virus and prevents throwing millions of women into poverty in their teenage years I would like to see it.

And I would love to see everyone get paid a million dollars a day for doing nothing but just like your plan of getting teens to stop having sex it is never ever ever going to happen. So alternatively I think we should deal with the reality that teens will have sex and teach them about why waiting until you're in a committed relationship to have sex is a good idea but also show them how to use condoms so when they inevitably have sex they can decrease the rate of STDs and teen pregnancy

I was taught it in South Carolina 20 years ago. Figured it was everywhere.

In Winston-Salem 15 years ago we were separated from the females, taught about STD's, and taught about our bodies. We had a batshit crazy health teacher who told us "gonnosyphaherpiles" was the worst of the STD's.

Townie, Brasky, and Numbers can chime in, but I'm pretty sure we were never given condoms, much less how to use them/practice safe sex. AND WAKEPHAN09

You can promote abstinence all you want, but it's not feasible/realistic to expect at all. We might as well teach kids how to have safe sex because they are going to have sex regardless. Anything else is a pipe conservative dream that will never happen.

Last edited:
And I would love to see everyone get paid a million dollars a day for doing nothing but just like your plan of getting teens to stop having sex it is never ever ever going to happen. So alternatively I think we should deal with the reality that teens will have sex and teach them about why waiting until you're in a committed relationship to have sex is a good idea but also show them how to use condoms so when they inevitably have sex they can decrease the rate of STDs and teen pregnancy

Don't disagree. But the narrative needs to change from "sex is awesome! Go do it! And wear this rubber." To "wait, please wait - but if you have sex make sure you are protected".

And when I say the message I mean our cultural message. The one kids actually listen to. Condoms are terrible. Anyone that has worn one will agree. We can't continue to promote sex as the Wild Wild West and then act surprised when kids don't wear a condom.

Last edited:
A 2007 study from the national campaign to prevent teen and unplanned pregnancy found that there is "no strong evidence that programs that stress abstinence as the only acceptable behavior for unmarried teens delayed the initiation of sex, hastened the return to abstinence, or reduced the number of partners."

Don't disagree. But the narrative needs to change from "sex is awesome! Go do it! And wear this rubber." To "wait, please wait - but if you have sex make sure you are protected".

Right, and the problem is that the latter isn't occurring at all. It's just expected that because we showed a bunch of pictures of STD's that nobody will have sex so there is no need for safe sex knowledge.

In fact, I don't think the first statement you made is occurring either. No health teacher is saying what you just said to their students to have sex.

Back