• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

You can't see how promoting lifetime monogamous sexual relations would be healthy for a society? Really? I don't see how you could not see the benefits.

How's this: destroy AIDS, destroy teenage pregnancy.

Those are too good starts if everyone practiced monogamous lifetime commitments. If you can find something that destroys the worlds most deadly virus and prevents throwing millions of women into poverty in their teenage years I would like to see it.

maybe we just let women have control of their bodies the way men do and shut the hell up if your sky-boss has qualms about it

Tell me when the government decides to start handing out educated middle and upper class parents to children and euthanizing the remaining adults, until then you and jhmd should shut the fuck up about these topics if that's all you have to input.

Opposing viewpoint = SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Conservative viewpoint = Troll

So open to opposing thoughts around here.

Opposing viewpoint = SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Conservative viewpoint = Troll

So open to opposing thoughts around here.

not sure how it's different from your strategy of just trolling and bouncing

In Winston-Salem 15 years ago we were separated from the females, taught about STD's, and taught about our bodies. We had a batshit crazy health teacher who told us "gonnosyphaherpiles" was the worst of the STD's.

Townie, Brasky, and Numbers can chime in, but I'm pretty sure we were never given condoms, much less how to use them/practice safe sex.

You can promote abstinence all you want, but it's not feasible/realistic to expect at all. We might as well teach kids how to have safe sex because they are going to have sex regardless. Anything else is a pipe conservative dream that will never happen.

I think Cromwell showed us how to use a condom in class but I don't remember it specifically. It may not have happened at all though. Just don't remember.

Nationally as of 2009 (before a couple of the programs were disbanded) 25 of 50 states accepted title V funding which prohibited the advocacy or discussion of contraceptive materials in health class and permitted only abstinence be taught for the state to continue receiving the funding.

maybe we just let women have control of their bodies the way men do and shut the hell up if your sky-boss has qualms about it

I'M AN ATHEIST AND YOUR RELIGION IS DUMB AND I NEED TO TELL EVERYONE THAT I'M AN ATHEIST AND HOW DUMB I THINK CHRISTIANITY IS!

I'M AN ATHEIST AND YOUR RELIGION IS DUMB AND I NEED TO TELL EVERYONE THAT I'M AN ATHEIST AND HOW DUMB I THINK CHRISTIANITY IS!

Just as dumb as Christians that essentially force people of other or non-religions to accept their views or fail to receive funding for essential programs like sex education?

Oh ok.

Who doesn't know HOW to use a condom? Real simple. Have boner. Put on condom. Screw. Don't take off condom while screwing. Pretty simple. That should take about 5 minutes of class time.

I think we should but let's not pretend that teenage pregnancy is caused by 15 year old boys not knowing how to wear a condom.

Who doesn't know HOW to use a condom? Real simple. Have boner. Put on condom. Screw. Don't take off condom while screwing. Pretty simple. That should take about 5 minutes of class time.

You didn't leave space at tip or lubricate enough and the thing tore, you the daddy.

I think we should but let's not pretend that teenage pregnancy is caused by 15 year old boys not knowing how to wear a condom.

WebMD has an article titles "condom knowledge not common knowledge" which estimates 15 percent of people use condoms incorrectly.

Except it is.

It's not just "knowing how to put a condom on", it's: Where do you get a condom? Can I get pregnant the first time I have sex? What if she's on top?

Just because you know the answer to those questions doesn't mean a 15 year old boy does.

Ways I can think of to misuse which wouldn't be too obvious from the get go: putting it on inside out, not squeezing the air from the tip and leaving a space, using lubricants which damage the condom.

Late to put it on
Early to take it off
Unrolling before you put it on
Not checking it for holes
Reusing a condom

I mean there are many different ways it can not work correctly.

Except it is.

It's not just "knowing how to put a condom on", it's: Where do you get a condom? Can I get pregnant the first time I have sex? What if she's on top?

Just because you know the answer to those questions doesn't mean a 15 year old boy does.

Which is why I think sex Ed is good. But it isn't anywhere close to the primary reason we have teenage pregnancies.

My point (if you read my posts) has never been to get rid of sex Ed. Sex Ed is great. It is to change the cultural narrative from what you see on this board to what I am proposing.

Whether you choose to admit it or not, monogamy solves the problems. We will never be a society that embraces monogamy until we admit it is best form of sexual relations, and take public steps to promote it. I am merely making that point. We should obviously also promote safe sex for those who choose to engage at that age.

Last edited:
Just as dumb as Christians that essentially force people of other or non-religions to accept their views or fail to receive funding for essential programs like sex education?

Oh ok.

I was making a comment specifically to ITC on his holier than thou bullshit. You know, because we wouldn't have any way of knowing he's atheist without anti-Christian snark.

Which is why I think sex Ed is good. But it isn't anywhere close to the primary reason we have teenage pregnancies.

Well at least safe sex programs show a decrease in teen pregnancy rates. Abstinence programs do not.

Abstinence only plans do not. Because they aren't taken seriously. Because everything else in society mocks sexual discipline.

there has never been a time in the history of mankind where everyone was in monogamous relationships for life. Why, pray tell, is it then the preferred 'solution' for issues like unwanted pregnancy and STDs?

Wow, that kind of problem-solving is easy.

If every factory just didn't pollute, we'd could eradicate all forms pollution and have the cleanest purest air ever!

If every nation just stopped having wars, we could eliminate death by war!

If everyone just acted nice, we'd have no crime!

Back