• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

That's because, as much as you don't want to admit it, that man is an animal and only 3-5% of all animal species are monogamous.

I would say that monogamy as a whole IS a societal structure rather than something that is natural to humans.

Humans aren't failing at being monogamous because society mocks sexual discipline, humans are failing at being monogamous because it is an innate drive to "spread your seed".

Abstinence only plans do not. Because they aren't taken seriously. Because everything else in society mocks sexual discipline.

Your plan is essentially abstinence only. Telling teenagers that they should only engage in lifetime monogamous sex, aside from being a pipe dream, means that, unless they get fucking married in high school, they need to abstain.

I was making a comment specifically to ITC on his holier than thou bullshit. You know, because we wouldn't have any way of knowing he's atheist without anti-Christian snark.

Again, i never mentioned Christians. Apparently, Christians can't read, either. Way to go, religious oppression of education.

Which is why I think gun control is good. But it isn't anywhere close to the primary reason we have so many accidental and school shootings

My point (if you read my posts) has never been to get rid of gun control. Gun control is great. It is to change the cultural narrative from what you see on this board to what I am proposing.

Whether you choose to admit it or not, not having guns at all solves the problems. We will never be a society that embraces no guns until we admit it is best form of preventing accidental and school shootings, and take public steps to promote it. I am merely making that point. We should obviously also promote gun control for those who choose to own a gun at that age. .

FIFY---to merge two threads into one.

Whether you choose to admit it or not, monogamy solves the problems. We will never be a society that embraces monogamy until we admit it is best form of sexual relations, and take public steps to promote it. I am merely making that point. We should obviously also promote safe sex for those who choose to engage at that age.

1) We are and have always been a society that "embraces" (interesting choice of words) monogamy. What gives you the idea we aren't? What do you mean by embrace?
2) What public steps are you talking about?

despite all that, there will always be people having sex outside of marriage. There just will, therefore your idea is not a solution, its an ideal. It is not problem solving, it is wishful thinking.

Again, i never mentioned Christians. Apparently, Christians can't read, either. Way to go, religious oppression of education.

Well what the fuck else would you being talking about in the context of an attack on a Planned Parenthood clinic? Spare me the bullshit.

Which is why I think sex Ed is good. But it isn't anywhere close to the primary reason we have teenage pregnancies.

My point (if you read my posts) has never been to get rid of sex Ed. Sex Ed is great. It is to change the cultural narrative from what you see on this board to what I am proposing.

Whether you choose to admit it or not, monogamy solves the problems. We will never be a society that embraces monogamy until we admit it is best form of sexual relations, and take public steps to promote it. I am merely making that point. We should obviously also promote safe sex for those who choose to engage at that age.

monogamy doesn't solve anything if the couple can't afford to raise the kid they didn't plan for

literally thousands of years of secular and religious guilt tripping/threats of eternal damnation/legal ramifications, across basically all of humanity, have failed to produce widespread "sexual discipline" in any meaningful way.

but yeah, let's #dontstopbelieving

Well what the fuck else would you being talking about in the context of an attack on a Planned Parenthood clinic? Spare me the bullshit.

no i just wanted to make sure you realized that all religions are fucking dumb and have no place in humanity's future

literally thousands of years of secular and religious guilt tripping/threats of eternal damnation/legal ramifications, across basically all of humanity, have failed to produce widespread "sexual discipline" in any meaningful way.

but yeah, let's #dontstopbelieving

this is a good point, and this is why I want to know from Wrangor what 'public steps to embrace monogamy' need to be taken? The world's states were run by the church a lot longer then they have been secular, and they couldn't eradicate sex outside of monogamous relationships or STDs. Now we are in the middle of some huge moral failure because our state is secular? Does anyone pay attention to history any more?

These personal responsibility arguments about two-parent households to solve everything are mind-boggling. Of course if every human behaved the exact same way and was predictable and only did the most prudent yet fair thing all the time then there would be no problems or issues. No shit

Last edited:
monogamy doesn't solve anything if the couple can't afford to raise the kid they didn't plan for

They can with two incomes. And they won't have child support for 3 other kids either.

Regarding what we can do as a society to change our behavior: the first thing would be to admit the truth. Sex is best when confined within a lifelong monogamous relationship. How do we promote that reality? First step would be a national leader 'coming out' to this admission and promoting it in a similar manner to Michelle's promotion of healthy eating styles. Our government promotes ideals all the time. We could promote it in our sex education. We could make it a part of national party platforms. There are a million ways to promote an ideal.

What we lack is the conviction to do it. We say things like " of course that is great, but it isn't realistic" but we don't believe it. The first step towards solving a problem is admitting the problem exists. We don't want to admit this issue because we love sex. The rational and logical solution to both AIDS and premarital sex is monogamy. We are simply too hormone driven as a society to do anything about it.

I will reiterate I am not offering a no sex Ed solution. I am offering this as a way to transform the current assumed rational on sex. It is entirely possible to choose to not have sex as a 16 year old despite having the ability to enjoy it. We have to make the value of waiting evident. You can see in this thread alone that despite the clear societal and personal benefit, that we as a society choose irrational over rational.

Last edited:
I mean there are countries where if you have sex outside of wedlock you are sentenced to death, crazy thing sex outside of wedlock still happens. So if being hit with stones in the head repeatedly until you die a painful and horrible death does not stop sex from happening then I really am curious what could possibly stop it?

this is a good point, and this is why I want to know from Wrangor what 'public steps to embrace monogamy' need to be taken? The world's states were run by the church a lot longer then they have been secular, and they couldn't eradicate sex outside of monogamous relationships or STDs. Now we are in the middle of some huge moral failure because our state is secular? Does anyone pay attention to history any more?

These personal responsibility arguments about two-parent households to solve everything are mind-boggling. Of course if every human behaved the exact same way and was predictable and only did the most prudent yet fair thing all the time then there would be no problems or issues. No shit

see also: the Victorian era and the no-nose club

They can with two incomes. And they won't have child support for 3 other kids either.

this is making a ton of assumptions, the most basic among them including:

1: both parents had jobs to begin with
2: those jobs afford the parents $ to support raising a child (including child care sufficient to allow the parents to continue working)

it's neither a necessary nor sufficient set of circumstances for solving society's problems, no matter how much you want it to be the silver bullet

Can we all a least agree that this qualifies as stupid?

Getting in your car and driving to CVS to pick up a box of condoms (which you may or may not have been taught how to use properly) may seem like a minor inconvenience and expense to you.

But if your family barely has enough money to eat and pay the bills that box of condoms and the time it takes to get them becomes prohibitively expensive.

It's almost as if you don't believe poor people are actually poor.

Are poor people poor? Sure. Are they all living in cardboard boxes eating dirt and bugs? No way. Do they have $5 to spend on a box of condoms to prevent 18 years of a kid? Yes they do. So they have money to buy cigs and beer and Big Macs and the latest Florida Georgia Line or Drake album, but no money at all to buy condoms, sure that makes sense.
And GTFO with "the time it takes to get them" garbage. Do they not otherwise go to a convenience store or grocery store or anywhere else? If not, where do they get said beer and cigs? And, despite how often it is alleged on this board, I am still yet to find anyone who works 80 hours a week, prohibiting them from making a trip to a convenience store, yet still doesn't have $5 from all that work to buy a box of condoms. And if they don't have a job and are on the woe-is-me welfare, then they have all goddamn day to go buy some.

Back