• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

Add Trump and Carson to that equation. Carson eventually backed off on prison sex and celebrations from Jersey City on TV, but Trump hasn't and won't back off on anything ever. Lost two thirds of potential voters with the birther nonsense alone. Both Trump and Carson know they'd lose support if they ever admit a mistake or apologize for anything. Wonder why GOP controlled Cobgress has an 11% approval rating?

Wasn't Trump essentially proven correct with the exception that he may have exaggerated the numbers from hundreds to thousands?

I really can't stand Christians who are so clueless about the Bible but the use it to justify their personal beliefs.

Take the L, HowardDean. Just take the L.[/QUOTE

Do tell Ph. I take a fundamentalist view of Scripture with which you may disagree. However, I am hardly clueless concerning Scripture. As you have such a better understanding of Scripture, how about helping a brother out and show me were I have gone wrong in "justifying my personal beliefs" with Scripture. My goal is for Scripture to determine my personal beliefs. Put your mind at ease. I am not going for a "win" on a Wake Forest Chat Board. I enjoy a discussion of ideas, but the immaturity with associated name calling does get old.

It's not a matter of interpretation in this case. You showed a fundamental ignorance of the Old Testament because acknowledging what is actually written didn't support your beliefs.

Honest question: is there a significant subset of Christianity that is organized around the philosophy of murdering those who don't hold their belief system? I honestly don't know of one. There are certainly wackos that will do something crazy but I am not aware of a core and significant number of 'Christians' whose faith is based on purging the unbelievers by taking their lives.

You could argue the Lord's Resistance Army fits that bill.

There are some pretty messed up things in the old testament. The one I could never get past the story of Jericho where the Israelites killed every man, woman, child, and animal with the exception of one prostitute who betrayed her people.

That said, neither Christians or Jews or Hindus or Buddhist or Zoroastrianist feel the need to blow themselves up to effect maximum innocent casualties. Believers of these other religions are able to live side by side with each other without feeling that it is an insult to God himself that infidels live. Granted, there are a few extremist among some religions who occasionally commit acts of violence, none compare to Islamist extremist. How much of that is doctrine and how much of it is that Muhammad himself was a warrior and a conqueror is hard to say. Comparing the central figure of Christianity or Buddhism to the central figure of Islam shows a remarkably different perspective.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/2/myanmars-buddhist-terrorism-problem.html

Trump doesnt have to prove his bullshit, its your job to prove him wrong

But that doesn't matter if knowell believes Trump was right.

Newspaper accounts supporting his story not enough for you guys? You need some video?

Nothing in Salon or the Atlantic on this, guys? You gonna believe what you want to believe I suppose.

Honest question: is there a significant subset of Christianity that is organized around the philosophy of murdering those who don't hold their belief system?

There's not a significant portion of Islam organized around this either...

Wasn't Trump essentially proven correct with the exception that he may have exaggerated the numbers from hundreds to thousands?

-If he saw it on TV, why isn't there any video?
-Everybody saw footage of celebrations from the Middle East. Carson later admitted that. Trump still refuses to concede on an understandable mistake.
-Author of the article Trump claims proves his case said there were never any rumors of hundreds, let alone thousands.

Bonus points:
-Trump claims he saw jumpers from the WTC, which many people saw on TV. Trump Tower is 4 miles away and the area was filled with smoke
-Trump mocked the author and claimed he had no idea who he was and was unaware of his disability. Author claims they met at least a dozen times.

Such a weird hill to die on.

It's not a matter of interpretation in this case. You showed a fundamental ignorance of the Old Testament because acknowledging what is actually written didn't support your beliefs.
Obviously I believe the "fundamental ignorance of the Old Testament" is found in you. To others, I will allow Wrangor and Knowell to discuss this further as I do not desire to type things I will regret latter. Hopefully I can answer the questions directed to me in the future as I enjoy the opportunity to further cement or even change my opinions on life events.

Guy said when he surrendered to police "no more baby parts"

So Republicans, this one is on you

HowardDean, if you can't change your understanding to include basic biblical facts, you won't change your opinion.

What the hell are "Biblical facts"????

This was a book written by man. Translated by man over decades and centuries. Translated by man from language to different language to different language across those decades and centuries. Nothing in the Bible as we read it today is the "word of God", and nothing of it is "fact". That's just a fallacy.

Don't get your heathen panties in a wad. Read my post in context. This discussion is about the fact of what is in the Bible. Imagine I said Hunger Games facts or Harry Potter facts if that makes you feel better.

Colorado Springs is the Mecca of Christian-based family values groups who want abortion abolished. Some unhinged loon drives 2000 miles to extract his revenge.

HowardDean, if you can't change your understanding to include basic biblical facts, you won't change your opinion.

I have no doubt my understanding of basic biblical facts far surpasses your understanding unless you are simply hiding such knowledge. Perhaps you simply do not have the courage to discuss or defend your faith. If you are a Christian, what does Jesus say about such a person?

Back