• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Planned Parenthood Attack

Yeah, and a lot of murder throughout history has been based on who is banging who. People do dumb shit for dumb reasons. Doesn't make religion inherently immoral.

True. And in a lot of those instances the people who were seeking sexual vengeance (great band name?) used religion as the vehicle to rally the masses around their "cause". They herded up the sheep. The dumb, ignorant sheep.

Regardless of whom you want to blame, this lunatic believed something sold to him by snake oil salesmen.

There's a sucker born every minute, and whether it's a fundamentalist cleric or a televangelist or a demagogue politician, if there's an audience, there's a message.

The sad political truth of this still reduces to guns for me.

And the fact that medical facilities in America need bulletproof vests and panic rooms is a testament to how fucked up we can be as a society.

How do you know those were Democrats marching? Because they are black?

You can talk all you want about so-called "democrats" but you don't see major Democratic figures distorting information about police. Unlike major Republican figures and Planned Parenthood, immigrants, Muslims, etc.

Carly Fiorina on a national debate stage has way more of an impact than some protestors, who may or may not be Democrats, in the streets. And even if they are Democrats, some self-identified Democrats in the street don't speak for the Democratic Party - so you can't put what they want on the party. Republican presidential candidates do speak for the party

But keep on dodging the issues

fify

Apparently THIS video is not to be believed. Dems have a very complicated relationship with Youtube videos.

First, I find it deplorable that people would chant such things.

I'm not really sure I'd qualify 200 idiots as a march though.

Second, The group in the video, the TMOC, has nothing to do with Democrats or the protests that day.

Third, That's not the Al Sharpton led protest that was peaceful, held in another part of the city, and during the day.

Fox news very craftily inserted that footage into a story on the actual protest.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/12/14/fox-amp-friends-airs-misleading-footage-to-sugg/201874

Read their facebook page. They (that group of 355 followers) hate cops. and it has nothing to do with politics. The only people urging others to devolve to violent chants were themselves.

Trying to make it seem that Al Sharpton's event was linked to these assholes was disingenuous and an attempt to link them to Democrats. I don't see anything that says they're Democrats other than the fact they're black and all blacks are democrats. Republican candidates are actively embracing the PP misrepresentation, I haven't seen anything from a Democratic candidate embracing anything other than something is wrong in the relationships, views, misconceptions between both groups so lets figure this out.

Last edited:
Regardless of whom you want to blame, this lunatic believed something sold to him by snake oil salesmen.

There's a sucker born every minute, and whether it's a fundamentalist cleric or a televangelist or a demagogue politician, if there's an audience, there's a message.

The sad political truth of this still reduces to guns for me.

And the fact that medical facilities in America need bulletproof vests and panic rooms is a testament to how fucked up we can be as a society.

+1

There's not a significant portion of Islam organized around this either...

Radical Islam is significant enough for the world to spend trillions of dollars combating. How much money has the US spent combating the LRA or the KKK in the last two decades? Comparing extreme Christian groups to our difficulty with radical Islam is not genuine dialogue.

Radical Islam is significant enough for the world to spend trillions of dollars combating. How much money has the US spent combating the LRA or the KKK in the last two decades? Comparing extreme Christian groups to our difficulty with radical Islam is not genuine dialogue.

I don't think that makes your point. You could just as easily argue that the threat of "radical Islam" is exaggerated due to xenophobia and religious hatred. It's certainly not about saving lives.

1. I wasn't trying to say that there isn't a small, dangerous percentage of Muslims - my point was that it's not right to judge all Muslims by the actions of a very few.

2. I don't think that money spent is a good metric of the degree to which things are a threat. We spend way more money combatting Islamic terrorism than domestic gun possession by criminals, yet the later is much more of a threat to our security. Also what PH said ^

LRA is not a concern because they are just killing Africans. Just like juhadists in Kenya and other places. Have to kill white people to register a response. Historically, you could actually make that argument about the kkk.

In what world is that a response to my questions?

Are you high? Because you aren't making any god damn sense.

My post was addressed to someone else. There are things in the world that aren't about you. Yes, there is such a thing.

MM said "the videos speak for themselves." Indeed they do, but not just the ones he wants us to focus on. The PP videos spoke for themselves. The Dead Cops video----six days before two cops were killed---would be a pretty clear illustration of the dangers of hateful rhetoric. Is there a causal relationship between the BLM's movement's rhetoric and the death of those cops? Don't know, didn't allege one.

MM DID allege not only a causal relationship, but culpability between the acts of a crazy man and "Republicans." [this artificial limitation of politicians you seek to shoe-horn into the analysis noticeably absent from MM's accusation. Weird). Strickland has decided not to acknowledge the initial accusation, and has instead focus on the parts he feels more comfortable talking about, which truly, madly, deeply misses the point of the reckless nature of MM's comment. I wondered if posters like him would recognize the recklessness if the shoe was placed on the other foot. Disappointers never disappoint, though, and Strickland and co. (which includes you, unsurprisingly) only saw the problems with causation in reverse, and started manufacturing reasons why the two weren't similar (as though MM's accusation was limited to politicians).

My post was addressed to someone else. There are things in the world that aren't about you. Yes, there is such a thing.

MM said "the videos speak for themselves." Indeed they do, but not just the ones he wants us to focus on. The PP videos spoke for themselves. The Dead Cops video----six days before two cops were killed---would be a pretty clear illustration of the dangers of hateful rhetoric. Is there a causal relationship between the BLM's movement's rhetoric and the death of those cops? Don't know, didn't allege one.

MM DID allege not only a causal relationship, but culpability between the acts of a crazy man and "Republicans." [this artificial limitation of politicians you seek to shoe-horn into the analysis noticeably absent from MM's accusation. Weird). Strickland has decided not to acknowledge the initial accusation, and has instead focus on the parts he feels more comfortable talking about, which truly, madly, deeply misses the point of the reckless nature of MM's comment. I wondered if posters like him would recognize the recklessness if the shoe was placed on the other foot. Disappointers never disappoint, though, and Strickland and co. (which includes you, unsurprisingly) only saw the problems with causation in reverse, and started manufacturing reasons why the two weren't similar (as though MM's accusation was limited to politicians).

I see you just dodged every point I made about how presidential candidates speak for the party while protestors that you don't even know are Democrats do not. Shocking

I see you just dodged every point I made about how presidential candidates speak for the party while protestors that you don't even know are Democrats do not. Shocking

Still spinning? You said a dumb thing. This shouldn't be so hard to concede.

Dude parroted a Republican candidate talking point.

Dude parroted a Republican candidate talking point.

This - are you really telling me JHMD that you think he would come out of that clinic saying "No More Baby Parts" if that hadn't essentially been the message of the Republican Party for the last year? Odds are low

This - are you really telling me JHMD that you think he would come out of that clinic saying "No More Baby Parts" if that hadn't essentially been the message of the Republican Party for the last year? Odds are low

Doubling down?

When the Dems regurgitate "Black lives matter; not all lives matter" (I swear I think I've heard that before from Dem candidates...) and police get ambushed and killed in cold blood six days later, I'm guessing you will re-discover your affinity for reason. When that happens, I'm sure you'll see the problem, right?

Doubling down?

When the Dems regurgitate "Black lives matter; not all lives matter" (I swear I think I've heard that before from Dem candidates...) and police get ambushed and killed in cold blood six days later, I'm guessing you will re-discover your affinity for reason. When that happens, I'm sure you'll see the problem, right?

You are still hung up on this "all lives matter" bullshit? Black Lives Matter folks definitely agree that all lives matter. It's just that right now white lives matter more than black lives so they are trying to catch up

Black Lives Matter is not saying that white lives should be knocked down to the level of black lives. Or that black lives should matter more than white lives. Find me a major Democratic politician who has said specifically that not all lives matter and you might have a point

Carly Fiorina is explicitly saying that Planned Parenthood has to be stopped from selling baby parts (which they were not doing). This guy decided to stop them

Last edited:
You are still hung up on this "all lives matter" bullshit? Black Lives Matter folks definitely agree that all lives matter. It's just that right now white lives matter more than black lives so they are trying to catch up

Black Lives Matter is not saying that white lives should be knocked down to the level of black lives. Or that black lives should matter more than white lives. Find me a major Democratic politician who has said specifically that not all lives matter and you might have a point

Carly Fiorina is explicitly saying that Planned Parenthood has to be stopped from selling baby parts (which they were not doing). This guy decided to stop them

That's not the message I got from "What do we want? Dead Cops!" video, but you do you, lastwordDeac.

That's not the message I got from "What do we want? Dead Cops!" video, but you do you, lastwordDeac.

Again, you're trying to paint a broad nationwide movement with the actions of a few non-prominent individuals. I'm sure there are many Republicans around this country who have said much worse than Carly Fiorina about Planned Parenthood - I see some of it on my Facebook every day - but I'm not trying to use them as an example of the message of the Republican party. I'm using the message of their leaders.

When you find me a national politician calling for dead cops then you can use that line. Until then it's meaningless

Back