• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Should have seen the one before that circa 89-90.

Or the one before that.......shared by all the teams and many times with Sarge or Doc Martin around as monitors or enforcers.
That was when our biggest football players were about 260, but I remember seeing someone bench 460 and squat 600.
Pretty impressive.

Bachman looks fast in his 7 on 7 clips, like real fast. And caught some bad balls one handed with relative ease.

Will anyone be going to the first scrimmage tomorrow morning?

Is it at BB&T or the practice facility? I may try to go out as well.

Let's dispel once and for all with the fiction that Dave Clawson doesn't know what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing. http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032416aaa.html

Fixed.

Questions answered about practice:

The team is scheduled to scrimmage at 10 am on Friday morning at BB&T Field. However, the weather forecast calls for a strong chance of thunderstorms in the morning. If that is the case, the team will scrimmage inside McCreary Field House.

Should the practice be moved inside due to weather, the scrimmage will not be open to the public. McCreary Field House does not have adequate space to safely accommodate spectators.

Last edited:
Les from Wake Rivals has done a really nice job live tweeting the scrimmage. It sounds like Rocky Reid and Cade Carney have impressed. Offense was pretty bad in the first half.

I didn't see who it was, but that was a nice kickoff return caught at the goal line and returned 90 yds for the score. Incredible speed and shiftiness.

Back