• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

WF will be favored over Tulane, Army and Delaware at home, and WF will probably be favored at home against Cuse (depending on how each team plays leading up to that game). WF could be favored over UVA and BC, again depending on how each team's seasons are going to that point. (BTW, the "crowd" for the WF/BC finale over Thanksgiving weekend will be interesting).

Indiana lost a ton off their first bowl team in awhile. That game is winnable. Given that Duke and State both won easily at WF, hard to argue WF has a strong chance on the road against either, but State will be breaking in a new QB; always still feel WF has a chance against Duke.

Barring a massive amount of injuries, it would be very disappointing if the 2016 Deacs fail to qualify for a bowl, given that schedule, the loss of the fewest number of seniors of any FBS team, and the fact that Clawson will be three years in. Guarded optimism

Last edited:
If we don't make a bowl this year then we are in a world of trouble. That schedule is about as favorable as we could ever get.

Kinda sucks that every other team in the league gets their bye week before a conference game except us. We get Army.

Does it say which game is during Homecoming? I would assume either Delaware (Sept 17) or Syracuse (Oct 8).

That's one of the most balanced schedules I remember us having as far as the 1st half and 2nd half being pretty even with winnable and really hard games. We really, really need to make a bowl with that schedule. I was surprised to be getting Duke the 2nd week, but maybe getting them early will be to our advantage. Won't they be breaking in some new guys up front?

I love that we have a winnable game to end the season. It might come down to beating BC, to go bowling.

Cycle of a Deacon Fan:

You're amped before football season....When things go south halfway through, you start looking forward to basketball. When things go south halfway through, you start looking forward to football again. <<--- That's about where I am right now

Wins: Delaware, Tulane, BC, Army

Toss up wins: UVA, Syracuse

Toss up losses: @Duke, @Indiana

Losses: Clemson, @FSU, @UL, @State

I don't really see much room for error to make a bowl.

Have a chance to set the tone for the season by getting a win @ either Duke or IU. If we get one of those we should be cruising to a bowl bid and maybe even feeling like we could compete for the division (not saying we would be, just feeling like it)

A put-up-or-shut-up kind of schedule. Go Deacs.

Wins: Delaware, Tulane, BC, Army

Toss up wins: UVA, Syracuse

Toss up losses: @Duke, @Indiana

Losses: Clemson, @FSU, @UL, @State

I don't really see much room for error to make a bowl.

Have a chance to set the tone for the season by getting a win @ either Duke or IU. If we get one of those we should be cruising to a bowl bid and maybe even feeling like we could compete for the division (not saying we would be, just feeling like it)

I have no idea what toss up wins and toss up losses are. I do know what toss up games are :thumbsup:

Toss ups where I think we should win and toss ups they we probably lose

His name's lazydeac, what do you want from the guy :D

Not Wake related, but I saw that Duke QB Thomas Sirk ruptured his Achilles.

Could be Wake related news because we get dook early next season and would be great to take them down and put a stop to the losing streak to them.

Not Wake related, but I saw that Duke QB Thomas Sirk ruptured his Achilles.

Duke had a slew of pre-season injuries to key players last season and STILL had a good/bowl season. Sorry for the kid but I suspect Duke has the depth/talent these days to overcome this.

Back