• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Hayworth and Lee will be our reps at ACC media day.

Didn't DeGeare miss a season because his mom was sick?

As I recall, Chris was very close to his mom and I believe she passed away his junior year. His grades suffered as a result. I recall some poignant posts from his father about the situation. It was obvious that Chris came from a very close family. Sorry he was not able to stick in the NFL and hope he is doing well post football.

Chris was in my Health 101 class that everyone had to take and we had to do this calculation for how many shots it would take to kill us and his was nearly double anybody else's in the class.

Remember his dad in Tallahassee for the 30-0 game. It poured and most fans went under the bleachers for the worst part, but dude just sat their stoic as a muhfuh, arms crossed.

I noticed on the new roster from the official site and media guide that the height/weight have been updated too

Notes: Hinton up to 200
Josh Banks up 30 pounds from last year at 290.

Last edited:
I noticed on the new roster from the official site and media guide that the height/weight have been updated too

Notes: Hinton up to 200
Josh Banks up 30 pounds from last year at 290.

Wow.

Let's hope a large part of the 30 is due to strength and explosiveness training and not an extra tire around the waist.

Let's hope a large part of the 30 is due to strength and explosiveness training and not an extra tire around the waist.

I trust hipster strength coach bro on this one.

Claw thinks we can improve up to 10 PPG this year. That would be huge. Think we have a top 50 defense

Pretty cool to see Duke Ejiofor get some love from Pro Football Focus: https://www.profootballfocus.com/co...-players-on-non-contending-teams-anu-solomon/

6. Wake Forest DE Duke Ejiofor
The Demon Deacons were just one game better than Boston College in ACC play last season, as they won the barn-burner of a head-to-head matchup 3-0. This equaled Wake Forest’s 2014 conference win total, as the school has been firmly stuck at the bottom of the ACC in recent years.

One of the few bright spots from last year’s squad is DE Duke Ejiofor, who ranked 26th last year among returnees at the position on pass rushes, despite only 207 reps. He missed the first five games of the season with a concussion, but made an immediate impact in the aforementioned week six game against Boston College by posting a sack and three hurries. He finished the season with a flurry of production in the last three games, accumulating 12 total pressures against the likes of Notre Dame, Clemson and Duke.

The quickness of his first step allows him to keep blockers off balance, as he is capable of winning with a variety moves, both inside and out. With Wake Forest likely to be playing from behind in most conference games once again, Ejiofor should easily better his pressure totals from last season, provided he stays healthy.

Looks like Duke's checking in at 6' 4" 270 this season.
Great size for a DE

Btw, anyone notice DE = Duke Ejiofor

One of my favorite Clawson quotes from last year talking about Ejiofor, "Duke is Duke."

Looks like Duke's checking in at 6' 4" 270 this season.
Great size for a DE

Btw, anyone notice DE = Duke Ejiofor

Good post.

Practice schedule from Dans article this morning:

"The Deacons will practice Friday, Aug. 5 from 6 to 8:15 a.m., Saturday Aug. 6 from 7 to 9 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 7 from 1 to 3:15 p.m., Monday, Aug. 8 from 6 to 8:15 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 9 from 6 to 8:15 a.m., Wednesday Aug. 10 from 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 11 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, Aug. 12 from 1 to 3:15 p.m.

Once fall semester begins on Aug. 20, the Deacons will stretch and have a walk-through practice on Sunday, take the NCAA-mandated off-day on Monday, practice 8:15 to 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday and from 8:20 to 9:50 a.m. on Thursday."

Back