• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Islamic Dilemma

More proof that bkf didn't really fight for civil rights in the 60s. He was the angry young white dude shouting "you all need to be marching about personal responsibility."

If you like false choices, you'll love PhDeac.

More proof that bkf didn't really fight for civil rights in the 60s. He was the angry young white dude shouting "you all need to be marching about personal responsibility."

No, I was just finally worn out by not seeing my efforts reciprocated by the people I was trying to help. Eventually, one reaches a point where he thinks "if you don't give a damn, why should I?". Back in the 60s, I thought the goal was to have blacks assimilated into the existing society. Somewhere along the way that original goal morphed into wanting two separate but equal parallel universes. Lots of complicated reasons behind this change, I'm sure. Black youth looking up to professional athletes rather than successful black educated business people is one that quickly comes to mind. When you have destitute children valuing $200 Nike Air-Jordan shoes rather than an education, you have a problem.

Last edited:
You're pissed because you wanted black people to become white people but we wanted to simply be black people with equal rights under the law? No wonder you're angry and relying on tired stereotypes instead of reality.

And I posted exactly what you're saying I didn't post in response to some crap you posted about gangs and such earlier this week.

I've never once read a post where PH blamed black people for any part of black problems. If there is such a post out there, I would love to read it.

I don't think blame has anything to do with anything, nor do I think there are "black problems." More white people in poverty than any other race of folks.

The pertinent question is solutions. What solution has a better track record than personal responsibility? We've watched what happens when we subsidize bad choices. That hasn't worked.

I don't think blame has anything to do with anything, nor do I think there are "black problems." More white people in poverty than any other race of folks.

The pertinent question is solutions. What solution has a better track record than personal responsibility? We've watched what happens when we subsidize bad choices. That hasn't worked.

Good points. There's a saying somewhere about continuing to do the same thing and expecting to get different results.

How do food stamps that allow a child to eat make it less likely that child will graduate from high school?

Personal responsibility or racism is a false choice.

Food stamps are for the purpose of providing food.

I know I'm more personally responsible on a full stomach.

Personal responsibility or racism is a false choice.

Food stamps are for the purpose of providing food.

I know I'm more personally responsible on a full stomach.

So is work. Work can have that purpose, too.

Most people are less responsible once their basic needs have been met, actually. They have less to be responsible for.

Most people are less responsible once their basic needs have been met, actually. They have less to be responsible for.

I agree. Instead of having breakfast and lunch provided for kids in my youngest's kindergarten class, those kids should have to sweep the floors to earn lunch.

They will be getting married and getting jobs selling insurance in Randolph County before you know it.

Also, this is super unfair. Work and food stamps aren't mutually exclusive. There are lots and lots of hardworking people that work full-time and still need food stamps to afford to eat.

I agree. Instead of having breakfast and lunch provided for kids in my youngest's kindergarten class, those kids should have to sweep the floors to earn lunch.

They will be getting married and getting jobs selling insurance in Randolph County before you know it.

IDK. I think we should keep them on their parents' health insurance until their late 20s. We'd hate for them to get the wrong message.

Also, this is super unfair. Work and food stamps aren't mutually exclusive. There are lots and lots of hardworking people that work full-time and still need food stamps to afford to eat.

Thank you for sharing this controversial opinion. Hero.

This.

Another hero.

Who do you know that is arguing that poor people don't work? That people on food stamps don't also work?

Congrats on winning this argument in effigy.
Idk what you're arguing at this point. But, I guess that makes you a hero, too, millenniold.

It blows my mind how people can be against minimum wage and against providing food stamps for people who work full time and don't get paid enough to provide beyond the basics.

It blows my mind how people can be against minimum wage and against providing food stamps for people who work full time and don't get paid enough to provide beyond the basics.

I don't know if this is just a general statement or if you are referring to someone here in particular...but if so, your statement doesn't apply to me. I am in favor of raising the minimum wage and I have no problem at all with helping people who are trying to help themselves. (I am also in favor of making the federal income tax code far more progressive than it is now. That's about the only problem I have with fully supporting Rand Paul.)

Back