• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NYC

deacfan123

Reaction score
I'm 100% sure we have had multiple threads about NYC in the past but I just wanted to get some opinions as I am going up this weekend (Also going to catch the panthers game at Metlife on Sunday)

Best way to get from Newark Airport into the city? Not trying to spend an arm and a leg here
Anyone been to the One World Observatory? Is it worth it and a must do these days?
Best way to get from the City out to Metlife on Sunday am?
Staying a few blocks from Rockefeller Center so any restaurant/bar suggestions that are pretty cool would be very appreciated.

Any other must do's/sees would be nice, not planning on doing the empire state or statue of liberty as I have done those before and don't see the need to do it again. Girlfriend wants to ice skate so let me know if that's worth the long wait and we also want to catch a broadway show if possible.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a big time repeat of a previous thread.

Uber or take a black car from EWR to Manhattan. Costs about $100. Regardless, you'll wish you had flown into LaGuardia.

I haven't done One World Observatory, but the 9/11 Memorial is worthwhile. It takes a while to get down there though.

If you want to do the top of a building, look into Top of The Rock, since you're staying nearby. Book before you get to NYC.

City to Metlife? Limo. You can take public transportation if you want. Have fun with that.

Restaurant suggestion: Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien, less than 1/2 mile from 30 Rock.

Take NJ Transit from the airport to the city and back. Same with MetLife.

I hate midtown, but you're staying close to MoMA, which is awesome if you're into that kind of thing.

take the train from the airport to the city. Its about the same amount of time, runs frequently and will save you about $75 depending on where you are going. It drops you off right in Penn Station. Signs all over the airport. Very easy.

Take train to Giants stadium on NJ transit at Penn Station. There is a transfer at Seacacus that drops you off right at the station. First train departs about 3 hours prior to kickoff.

Avoid Rock Center for ice skating and go to Wollman Rink in central park.

Uber or take a black car from EWR to Manhattan. Costs about $100. Regardless, you'll wish you had flown into LaGuardia.

I haven't done One World Observatory, but the 9/11 Memorial is worthwhile. It takes a while to get down there though.

If you want to do the top of a building, look into Top of The Rock, since you're staying nearby. Book before you get to NYC.

City to Metlife? Limo. You can take public transportation if you want. Have fun with that.

Restaurant suggestion: Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien, less than 1/2 mile from 30 Rock.

Most of these are complete butthead suggestions...

Yeah, definitely take the bus.

no, take NJ transit, unless you're a scared redneck from NC

there are plenty of ways to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in NY, but it's the best public transportation system in america, so why not opt for that

no, take NJ transit, unless you're a scared redneck from NC

there are plenty of ways to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in NY, but it's the best public transportation system in america, so why not opt for that

Okay, I'll go along with the train suggestion if you don't have much baggage. Esp because you can get fucked on highway traffic. But if you have a bunch of bags, public transportation sucks. At least take a cab from Penn Station to the hotel. I've never taken a train to or from any of the airports.

Either way, smelly strangers abound in NYC, and the best way to find them is on public transportation.

Don't wig out gable

It doesn't sound like he wants toupee a lot of money to stay at the fancy places you can afford

I just got back from a long weekend on the lower east side but it sounds like this cat wants to stay uptown. Lots to see down east and in Brooklyn. Had dinner Saturday night in Chinatown and it was the bomb. The Dim Sum was out of this world!

Most new yorker's actually stink because they walk everywhere so when they do get on the train, they probably just got finished walking a great deal. Subway is the way to go from top to bottom as traffic is terrible. If you don't want to walk short distances, use Uber as taxis stink too.

Thanks for all the suggestions, definitely leaning towards NJ Transit for the airport trips and to the game. Will probably be uptown most of the time as it is the girlfriend's first trip ever and she wants to see some of the things there but suggestions for all areas are greatly appreciated! Going to want to get some good NY pizza and eat at some cool places as well.

If you're staying in Manhattan, LES/SoHo/West Village for best restaurants and overall feel.

As tourists, do the High Line and Chelsea Market, especially if the weather is this nice.

This is a must stop

chocolate.jpg

Anyone with any experiences buying broadway tickets from the TKTS booths?

Anyone with any experiences buying broadway tickets from the TKTS booths?

Go to the one at South Street Seaport and you won't have to wait in line. They have an app that tells you what is available that day.

The train from EWR to midtown could not be easier. 3x per hour

Back