• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC-G, 7:00 PM; ESPN3--On a TUESDAY!

Danny should jump all over these boys and run them like hell tomorrow. Embarrassing.
We will get run out of the gym if we play like that against a top tier ACC team. Danny has to instill a take no prisoners with this group. Am just not seeing it.

Missed 3 in a row, last one an airball, ran the baseline towards the bench and told Odom "Don't take me out coach I'm hot".

I believe the full version of the story is that Childress ended up hitting the game winning shot in that game. Seems like an important part of the story that Odom failed to mention this time.

Bad defense and a bunch of inconsistent offensive players means we are going to have a roller coaster season. We'll probably have some good wins, some bad wins, a few losses to teams we shouldn't lose to, and a handful of blowout losses.

DT 8-17 from the line.

Let's see how they play Friday. First game back from exams, CMM needs to get in game shape and of course it was Tuesday.

Well, this was not encouraging; but we have become very well acquainted with the feeling of losing. This doesn't feel like losing. It's just not encouraging with the schedule that is before us. We all want to get really enthused about the program but this kind of performance kills enthusiasm.

The one thing that was encouraging was the brief time that we pressed all over the floor. Tacy used the full court pressed to kick-start a sluggish offense. I would love to see that again.

Exactly. If you can't be happy or at least content with wins you're going to be super miserable. Maple cabinets or no.
Manning didn't sound happy in his post game interview with Stan Cotton. He said that they have to keep throwing knock out punches instead of one or two and letting up. Me and Coach are on the same page.

I am totally happy with my maple cabinets.

I believe the full version of the story is that Childress ended up hitting the game winning shot in that game. Seems like an important part of the story that Odom failed to mention this time.

Dementia. Babbles like Elmer.

Collins could have scored at will if we had played him enough and thrown the ball inside to him. UNCG did a good job of defending us with double teams but Collins could have elevated over the defenders. Can't do that on the bench. Must find a way to get him more minutes. And keep VH on the damn bench!

And Manning is such a dial tone that we have no intensity for most of games against weaker opponents.

what're we 7-2, 8-2... I would have taken either pre-season. Let this team grow and let Danny coach daggummit

I would not get overwrought about Danny not jumping up and down. Our guys know that he can bring the hammer. He has put a couple of them on the bench for a while for discipline reasons, even longer than some of us were comfortable with. I think that he exudes calm in a game, but it isn't like they players think all is cool when the don't play well. I kind of like his demeanor. Screaming at these guys all the time may not be productive. We aren't good enough right now not to screw up. Don't confuse not frothing at the mouth on the court with not being in a position to enforce his belief system with his players.

Last edited:
Back