• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

He knew exactly what lightsaber it was. He told Rey it belongs to him.

I was a bit distracted by Leia's voice. Lay off the Pall Mall's, Carrie.

The lightsaber progression seems to make a nice parallel to the Episode IV. Luke unknowingly receives his father's lightsaber after Anakin was wounded in battle and lost the weapon, and then Rey unknowingly received her likely? father's lightsaber after Luke was wounded in battle and lost it.

The lightsaber might become something that Kylo Ren tries to obtain if he learns that the lightsaber is Anakin/DV's since he seems to be motivated by his grandfather's legacy.

Didn't Obi Wan flat out tell him that the saber belonged to his father? He just didn't know that his dad was Darth Vader at the time.

No way that Rey is Luke's kid. I totally disagree with y'all here. No way that Disney brings a Mara Jade into the story later to explain it. Definitely going to be Han and Leia's.

gosh does anyone else in the galaxy have the force besides the skywalker lineage?

let finn have a little

or make rey a kenobi or something damn

How would she be Obi Wan's kid? He died like 35 years before and she's what, 22?

i didn't say kid

but given his likely jedi celibacy, no chance for any lineage

55P2tGD.gif

I think she might be Luke's daughter or, at the very least, someone who was training at Luke's academy prior to it being wiped out. She has a memory or vision of it happening, which leads me to believe that she was there and Luke was somehow able to get her out, wipe her memory, and hide her. This would set her up to closely follow Luke's arc in the OT and can also explain how she is aware of Jedi mind tricks, basic light saber stuff, etc.

I also think that Kylo Ren knows more about her than he has let on. He got super pissed when they told him Finn was with a girl on Jakku and if the above theory is true, then he might know that there is another Jedi hidden somewhere.

This. Agree 100%.

meh, one of the downfalls of the pt was the insistence of making this or that reference to everything that happened in the ot. it was refreshing to avoid that in ep7.

ie im glad we didn't see yoda or even get a mention of him. Luke's self-exile was enough, any fan would be able to connect the dots.

I'm pretty sure I heard Yoda and Kenobi's voices during Rey's flashback.

gosh does anyone else in the galaxy have the force besides the skywalker lineage?

let finn have a little

or make rey a kenobi or something damn

Agree. Jedi are not limited to Skywalker lineage

I like the theory that Fin was a young initiate that Luke smuggled out before Ren could get ther. That would also explain why he got so emotional every time the "girl from Jakku" was mentioned

My least favorite scene had to be Rey tripping balls after touching the lightsaber. We had no real precedent for anything like that happening before, and tonally it just seemed super out of place with the rest of the movie.

Maybe out of place, but likely an important scene for the next movies.

In the trailer, Luke is seen with R2. Assumedly, this was him in exile. But in the film, R2 is with the resistance, just not being able to be powered on. I wonder how he got his hands on R2 in the trailer or was it just trailer footage?

Jedis cannot have children. They're like monks.

Didn't stop Anakin. And the whole mitachlorian thing and the Jedis we know suggest the force is inherited.

I think Rey may be a rando who was Luke's top pupil. Or maybe she was orphaned from parents affiliated with the First Order.

Back