• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

Why would interspecies sex be necessary for multiple species to have the force?

The force isn't unique to any specific set of species so each species can transmit the force through their bloodlines.

Dude that's my whole point. Maybe we are arguing the same thing. In that case I don't understand why you were arguing with me in the first place

The fact that the force isn't unique to species means bloodlines can't be the only way it's passed. It has to originate outside of bloodlines at some point in all of these different species. It can then be passed through bloodlines from there

My whole point is it is inarguable canon that the force can be and is passed through bloodlines. But there is also implications that the force can "awaken" or grow in someone outside of bloodlines

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Force Awaketh Discussion Thread SPOILERS

I really liked that there was more humor and more feels like in the first 30 minutes of this one than in the entire prequel trilology. I was surprised and pleased that they included some real moments of humor ("That's not how the Force works."). Shit, Poe Dameron's first line to Kylo Ren asking who talks first -- kind of let you know 3 minutes into the movie that Star Wars is in good hands.

Also, can't believe you guys are giving shit to Adam Driver. That guy is cool.

Also, can't believe you guys are giving shit to Adam Driver. That guy is cool.

As I admitted, my initial reaction was mostly because I'm pissed Han got killed.

But yeah, Driver is a good actor and the character is interesting. You knew Driver was a good actor when he was able to act sexually interested in Lena Dunham

I definitely liked how Kylo Ren was portrayed because of the potential to see some real growth in his character. He was obviously still green in his role as fascist enforcer so I'd love to see what he's like once his training is complete.

I definitely liked how Kylo Ren was portrayed because of the potential to see some real growth in his character. He was obviously still green in his role as fascist enforcer so I'd love to see what he's like once his training is complete.

even more mercurial and brooding

dude went through a lot. Killed his dad, got shot in the gut by the Chekov's gun of the movie, got outmatched by a girl who hasn't picked up a lightsaber in 15 years, and then his home base got blown up.

Last edited:
Dude that's my whole point. Maybe we are arguing the same thing. In that case I don't understand why you were arguing with me in the first place

The fact that the force isn't unique to species means bloodlines can't be the only way it's passed. It has to originate outside of bloodlines at some point in all of these different species. It can then be passed through bloodlines from there

My whole point is it is inarguable canon that the force can be and is passed through bloodlines. But there is also implications that the force can "awaken" or grow in someone outside of bloodlines

what implications?

I'm surprised at the positive reaction to Poe. I felt like he was just there. and Poe is a weird name. also I thought he looked annoyingly like mark ruffalo

You're making a specific assumption that a genetically transmitted force would have to originate with one specific being or within one specific species and would have to be transmitted through interspecies sex. I don't see how that has to be the case.

We don't know enough to rule out that it is strictly through bloodlines. The fact that it occurs across species isn't enough to rule it out without making that huge assumption.

It would take a force sensitive child born to two parents who had knowledge the force existed and were confirmed by Jedis to not have force in order to say a child can have the force without bloodlines.

Last edited:
You're making a specific assumption that a genetically transmitted force would have to originate with one specific being or within one specific species and would have to be transmitted through interspecies sex. I don't see how that has to be the case.

I am saying the exact opposite. The above statement is an implication of your argument not mine. The very fact that the force arose in a variety of species and peoples seems to indicate the force can arise in more ways than bloodlines. Anakin himself is an example of this. He was birthed by immaculate conception. Almost as if the force itself birthed him

We don't know enough to rule out that it is strictly through bloodlines. The fact that it occurs across species isn't enough to rule it out without making that huge assumption.

It would take a force sensitive child born to two parents who had knowledge the force existed and were confirmed by Jedis to not have force in order to say a child can have the force without bloodlines.

What in the fucking shit are you dinguses talking about?

Tejas believes the force isn't necessarily genetic even though that's the only way we know the force is transmitted.

Seriously though, the only way for you guys to settle this debate is for one of you to go to the house of the other in real life and just beat the shit out of him.

I don't think the Force is only hereditary (or that the skywalkers are the only force-sensitive people left) otherwise Luke wouldn't have a bunch of trainees to have slaughtered.

I don't think the Force is only hereditary (or that the skywalkers are the only force-sensitive people left) otherwise Luke wouldn't have a bunch of trainees to have slaughtered.

Right

This argument stemmed out of me complaining that we don't have rando Nien Numbs or Rodians running around with lightsabers

or shit another human not related to the heroes we already know

Back