• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

agree that jedi vs normal storm trooper or something probably beats that person easily. well trained person a little harder to take down but still not much trouble for a moderately trained jedi/padawan. maybe a force sensitive person not trained as sith/jedi could reach a level to give them trouble?

finn was using a light saber for the first time and had some difficulty so all things being equal it appears like it can be an effective weapon.

my geek factor has really been on over drive for the last week.

The First Order seems obsessed with Luke Skywalker, so arming a few elite stormtroopers with an anti-Jedi weapon makes a lot of sense.

Definitely on geek overdrive. I've been catching up with Star Wars Rebels over the last few nights. I still have a few episodes to watch, but the big reveal that you wouldn't know from the movies is that it's widely known among the Empire that more than a few Jedis survived Order 66.

meh, seems like a lot of fan-rationalization. I'm a ST fan; I'm all-pro fan rationalization so I know it when i see it.

the animation on Rebels looks dumb...not sure I could watch a show like that. too cartoony.

Is this for real? These actresses are absolutely horrible. How did they ever get near a movie set, much less on one?

how indeed....

1385948633872.png

the animation on Rebels looks dumb...not sure I could watch a show like that. too cartoony.

i'm used to it now but it's not my favorite style.

I actually didn't hate The Clone Wars movie and first episode of the series. Is it worth watching?

I am watching with my daughter and we are about half way through season two. it's been pretty good. read a list of "must watch" clone wars episodes a week or so ago (can't recall the site right now) and some of them sound fantastic for back story/canon for the movies. most of those are season 3 and beyond.

Saw it a second time and noticed quite a bit more. Noticed Finn pulled the little floating training stood Ben gave Luke in Episode IV. Also one of those droids that looks like a trash can was at the Resistance Base. There was also one of those rolling Empire box droids when Finn and Poe escape on the tie fighter

It also could have been a trick of the eyes, but one of the Knights of Ren in the flashback look like they have a staff just like Reys

Also I thought I caught a ship in woods next to Falcon when it lands At Mazs. Looked like a Y Wing

Also thought Rey passed a ship on her climb to find Luke

Finally found it interesting Poe is only XWing fighter with red and black X Wing. Makes me wonder if he is bad or goes bad

why do storm troopers wear armor if it doesn't stop anything?

why do storm troopers wear armor if it doesn't stop anything?

I was wondering this myself. Maybe it stops shrapnel or other things unrelated to laser blasts. Finn said the helmets keep out smoke but not gas, I think.

Back